silent treatment

the boy's confused eyes trailed after the girl, wondering why she still was not talking to him.

have i done something to her? did i accidentally eat her peppero sticks? did i tell her her jeans looked good on her when she needed me to say they didn't?

dozens of more thoughts ran through the boy's mind over the next two hours— where she continued ignoring him.

it was only him too— he'd been lured into the living room after hearing her loud giggles, caused by Sunoo who was tickling her sides for the remote.

when he walked into the kitchen, he heard her quietened voice, engaged in a deep conversation with Jake as she cooked his favourite Mexican meal, the boy's arms wrapped around her waist as he had his face buried in her neck, swaying their bodies back and forth.

as he'd been making his way to the bathroom, she'd walked directly behind him, calling out for HeeSeung and Jay with her high-pitched, sweet voice.

why only me?

obviously, their leader was the only oblivious one. the rest of the boys had heard NaRi's frustrated rant, where she'd expressed to them her frustration towards their leader.

would they tell him? only if she did it first.

it was now later on into the night, the eight members playing just dance in the living room.

the SunSun duo had just finished their round, the elder passing off his device to the girl, thinking Sunoo would want to make up for his lost round against her, however JungWon was the one to ask for Sunoo's remote.

as she watched the exchange, her lips turned downward, looking back at HeeSeung who sat on the couch. "i don't wanna play with him," she mumbled, JungWon's eyebrows creasing in both confusion and slight anger— though he forced himself to not let it show.

the two played the round and, much to NaRi's dismay,  the song the members picked ended up being a couple's song— NaRi's slight grimacing face only fueling JungWon's now overwhelming emotions.

as the scores appeared on the screen, NaRi feigned a smile towards the leader— the most contact she'd made with the boy all day.

"hyungie, you said you wanted to go?" she asked Jay after turning around, back facing the Yang boy.

his anger finally became way too much to handle, forcefully taking off the remote as he handed it to the approaching Ni-Ki, waiting until NaRi's was in the second eldest's hand before he grabbed her wrist, lightly dragging her to the vanity room.

"what the hell, hyung?" she scolded as she was thrust into the room, watching as JungWon locked the door behind him. "let me out, i wanna go with-"

"not before you tell me what i did, Mireia." JungWon seemingly demanded, eyes and voice stern.

silence, again.

he watched as her eyes turned shy, looking different than a mere second before.

"hm? i'll let you out if you tell me,"

still, silence.

he stared at her for a second, pulling up a chair in front of the door, sitting on it in front of her.