stressed

"no, baby. i don't want you stressed over this entire.. thing anymore, okay? we have it under control, okay?"

her semi-staggered breathing slowly slowed as she focused on her brother's calm voice.

"that's it, breathe with me, okay?"

Samuel took deep breaths, intently listening for his sister's breathing. he smiled as he noticed it'd calmed down.
"now, go make your Japan debut. you're gonna be amazing, okay? i love you,"

a small grin cracked on her face, "i love you too. thank you,"

the two siblings ended the call, though NaRi'd be lying if she said she'd completely complied to Samuel's words.

the girl's mind had been filled with the situation between Samuel and his old entertainment for the past two years— though with the immense lawsuit that'd recently been brought up, her stress levels suddenly shot through the roof.

she let her body fall backwards onto the bed, a shaky sigh leaving her lips.

ENHYPEN's Japan debut was now in two days— the group having been given an hour-long break at home.

the girl's eyes trailed up to the ceiling, her ears enjoying the faint noises of the boys' conversations coming from the kitchen.

her tongue trailed over her bottom lip— i think i've been chewing on it too hard.

she truly had no idea why she felt what she felt— she wished she could just let it all go.

but she couldn't.

she'd hate herself if she'd allow herself to keep calm and act as if life was great while her mom and brother were in the process of fighting against a company. she already hated herself enough for having let it affect her so much.

"Mireia? baby? we need to go now," Jay called out as he walked into the room. his eyes trailed around the space, quickly finding the girl's body sprawled out on HeeSeung's bed.

his feet trailed towards the bed, crouching down when he reached her. he allowed his hand to reach forward, lightly brushing her hair that'd fallen over her face.

the boy's head tilted to the side, eyes searching for her's. his thumb brushed over her cheek, the girl's eyes eventually finding Jay's.

"hi, hyung," she whispered out, unconsciously leaning into the older's touch. his heart almost broke at her weakened voice.
"are you okay, Mire?"
"just the thing with my brother, it's kind of taken a toll on me," 
Jay nodded, understanding the girl's words. "you think you're good to go practice?"
she nodded after a few seconds, "yeah, yeah. of course. can't miss it,"

"NaRi, you're a beat early."
"NaRi, turn faster."
"NaRi, step out a bit more on this move."
"NaRi."

the moment their choreographer stepped out of the room, the girl crashed to the floor. her breathing was heavy but manageable, the members' bodies flinching as they heard a thump from behind them.

"baby?"

they watched as she managed to calm her breathing down by herself, all still alert on how she looked.

Jay was the first to step closer to her. he squatted down as he reached her body, "you're not okay are you?"

she hesitated for a bit, her hands which'd been layed by her sides now protectively wrapping around her torso. her eyes slowly trailed up to his eyes, finally shaking her head no.