ep. 2-2 | signal song test

"in 10 minutes, we will begin the first test."

"TEN MINUTES?" she was still laying in bed, not wanting to get up. she eventually realized she wasn't at BigHit anymore, meaning she couldn't persuade anyone to let her sleep a little more, meaning she had to get up FAST. she rushed out of bed, threw on a sweater, went to brush her teeth, and headed to the main area.

"from now on, you have a shared destiny. in the four tests to come, you'll be collectively responsible for all the results. the average of individuals' scores will become the team's score. and those results will determine the number of people to be eliminated from I-Land..." oh you've got to be kidding me. why why why why.

"now, we will reveal the first test.."

[Signal Song starts playing]
"waa! so pretty!" can be quietly heard from the middle of the room.

"it was such a pretty song! i loved the choreography that went along with it." spoke the young girl to the camera.

while the boys were discussing what parts they'd want to get, NaRi tuned them out. truthfully, she didn't mind whatever part she'd end up with. if they average the individual scores, and if i do really good no matter the size of my part, the average may go up. simple!

they began discussing what they should do first. and when Jay cut Seon off? she had to physically hold her cackle in.

the contestants begin practicing the parts seperately, NaRi being in the yellow room by herself. not much is seen of her, only a short, 3-second clip of her singing part 1...perfectly.

( definitely different to what Jay sounded like.. )

would she step up and do that in front of the boys? probably not.. but it's better for her self esteem if she knows she can do it correctly.

in the next scene, they're standing in the practice room, seeing who already knew the choreography. only Ni-Ki is shown knowing the entire choreography, but in the corner NaRi does it in 'tiny' in-sync with him. no one makes a comment on it, and only three of the boys notice it.

"hands up if you want to do part 1."

NaRi looks around, hesitating. let's just see who else wants it. "5,4,3,2,1, okay, no one wanted it." fuck why didn't i put my hand up?

"okay, recommendations?"
"well, since it's a 2-person part.. HeeSeung hyung and.. NaRi.."

"wai- huh? me?" she said, clearly dumbfounded by the sudden statement.

"yeah, you? you two would be perfect for this part! you'd both be able to dance and sing it perfectly."

almost as if the years together would've caused their brains to sync up, they both pushed down the ends of their mouths when they perked up into smiles, causing the rest of the boys to laugh loudly at their synchronized movements.

"when i first heard it i thought it'd suit the two of you well!"
"me too!"
"i.. wanted to recommend you two as well.."

"i'm a little shocked," HeeSeung suddenly said.
"you're shocked? think of how i feel!" she said in response, lightly kicking his foot away from her own.

"HeeSeung hyung and NaRi!" the rest of the contestants applauded, congratulating the two highly-esteemed trainees for getting 1st part.

"since the parts can change at any time, i hope i can get one of the parts of part 1 with my dancing skills in the end." said Ni-Ki, not sure of who exactly he wanted to replace in part 1, but he was sure he wanted to do it.