Chapter 1;Looks like there's and new guy in town

Chapter 1
Looks like there's a new guy in town

~~~~~~*~~~~~~
Lettie

"Diamond 1" I yelled as I dribbled the ball impatiently waiting as my post boxed out ready for a rebound. Cailey is my post, my two wings are Jenny and Jenna, the twins. Then Zoey's my 5, my rock, she's my cousin, but she's who I rely on when I can't get open or get trapped.
-Sorry that's my basketball talk so if you're confused you're going to want to look some stuff up. Anyways.-

"Let's!" Jenny screamed as she trick stabbed her defender and got open. (Let's is Lettie's nickname for the team) I quickly chest passed the ball and cut to the goal to make a open shot for Jenny, who shot a perfect 3 giving us a 26-23 lead. I ran over and high-fived her once the Buzzer went off signaling the end of the girls game and the beginning of the boys.

"Hey girl we were just about to grab something to eat then go to Layne's party. Want to come?" Jenny said wrapping her arm around Jenna's shoulders to whom Jenna winced

"Hey. Are you ok Jenna?" I asked worry lacing my voice. Jenna was who I depended on to distract her defender and get the ball, I couldn't lose her.
"Yeah. I'm.....fine.....I'm fine." she said wincing with each word she spoke. As much as I need her she wasn't in the best condition so I'll give her the test, where Coach Hayles would ask her and then I would drag her with me.

It works every time.
~~~~~*~~~~~
I came out of the locker room from taking a shower to wash all the sweat from our game off, and Coach Hayles was yelling at the starting point guard for the boys team. I looked at the score, 67-26, and winced they were losing. Then he benched the point guard and then put in a new boy. He was tall, fast, and had a good arm. He made a basket within the first minute. Looks like there's a new guy in town and he's going to be just like the rest, stuck up, thinks he's to good for anybody, and he won't be able, just like the other boys.
"Hey Lettie what are you doing back here?" Blake asked as I turned to face him. Blake's my 10 month older brother. He wore these big glasses but he played some mean basketball."Hello? Lettie!" he said waving his hand in my face. Opps! Day dream dreaming.
"Hey Blake what are you doing not playing?"
"Oh...umm...long story short: I sprang my wrist trying to get a rebound." he said with a shaky laugh.
"Oh no! Does it hurt?"
"Nah. Not much. I have to get a cast but that's doctors orders. Sooo..."
"I'm so sorry. That happened, but let's not talk about it, it's making my wrist hurt." I said with a uneasy laugh.
"Okay. Hey have you met the new point guard he's already got the boys a 78-70 lead!"
"What!"
"Yup" he said popping the 'p' " hey umm I've got to go see you around?"
"Oh yeah! Sure! bye!"
Blake's more of a friend than a brother though.
~~~~~*~~~~~
I got home around 5:00 so moma wasn't home. I jogged downstairs to my room. As I opened the door I screamed. There in the middle of my room was the new starting point guard for the boys team. "What.....Who......Why....wait start over. One what are you doing in my room? Two who do you think you are? Three HOW DO YOU GET HERE!?" I screamed
"Ummm.....one I was looking for last years videos. Two I'm Will Allen and Blake is so dead. Three I thought Blake was here and Blake gave me a key." He said. CrAp I have to get my key back from him. He lost his so he gets my extra. "Oh. Well umm I'm Lettie and yes Blake is so dead. And no-"
"Lettie! Are you here?" Blake called from upstairs. Only him.
"Yes. Get your butt down here! NOW!"
"Dang." Will muttered
Blake came down stairs muttering to himself.
" Care to explain?"
" Nah. I don't feel all that well."
"Mhm" I said raising my eyebrows at him.
"Well I'll just go." Will said motioning toward the door.
"Sure." Blake answered. I'm going to kill him!
"Bye Will!"
"Oh right bye!" he said waving and walking out the door
"Start talking."
"Will You still love me if I say something stupid?" I immanently jumped on him causing both of us to fall to the floor and me straddling his waist.
"Answer the dang question!"
"Umm not the best time to say this but umm what question?"
Is he serious! D-E-A-D that's how you spell Blake.
"You're going to die tonight if you do-"
The ding dong noise that signals someone's here went off and Blake wiggled out from under me and darted to the protection of our mom. "Get back down here! We are so not through here!" He's dead I tell you! DEAD!!
~~~~~~~~~~~<>~~~~~~~~~~~~
How's the first chapter? I'm going to try and finish before June so I need lots of support.

-Kendal♥️💯