Chapter 8 - Nightmares

Wow. This is an ADORABLY FLUFFY CHAPTER LIKE YOU WILL DIE FROM THIS.... *clears throat* 2.4k reads, 84 votes, I know I say this every chapter but yall keep surprising me.

Warning, I wrote this at 12am at night from a sudden motivation peak so it is TRASH! And has many spelling mistakes

Enjoy
_______

Mono's tourch lit the small space up nicley. It was set in the middle of the room pointing up so it could cover the space. Besides the few creepy shadows, it was surprisingly nice. Mono rested his head on the wall his eyes shut. His arm pulsing. Less so from the sprain but more so from the gaint cut in his arm. He could hear how Six was still awake. Her breathing was unsteady and she kept moving around. Slightly opening his eyes he peeked to see what she was doing. Six had her head resting against one of her knees, blankly staring at him. She was spaced out. Mono moved about and she did nothing. Wonder what she is thinking about?

Clearing his throat, Six snapped from her trance. She shook her head before looking at him. Mono gently smiled to himself, "so you can talk?" Six slighty brought her head up. Her actions conveyed her stress. She didn't know is she should speak back or not. Mono chuckled. Six looked at him with curiosities and confusion. "You don't need to talk if you dont wanna. Only talk when you want to. Don't feel pressured okay?" Mono watched Six's reaction. She stared at Mono before gazing at the floor and nodding in understanding.

Silence filled the room again. It was so tense in the air you could cut it with a knife. Six continued to glare at her feet. Mono analysed her. Her black hair flopped infront of her face, covering everything but her mouth. Her ragged grey sweater sagging from previous tears and covered in filth. Her knees were brought to her chest, with her arms hugging them in comfort. She was calm when she was out of sight from others. Mono nit seeming to affect that. Mono slightly tilted his head. "So, the Teacher is a pretty ugly lady huh?" Mono straightened his head upright. Six had no real response except for her shoulders going up and down in a silent, tired giggle.

After her small, quiet fit of giggles, Six yawned. Her mouth opened while her hand covered it. Her body loosened up as she begun to slumber. Mono watched as she slowly lay down on the floor. She still hugged her knees, staying in a protected ball. He could tell how she was holding back the urge to sleep. She didn't want to risk it. She was still sacred of him. Mono could only feel himself smile as her breathing evened. But she trusted him enough to be able to rest. Mono shifted his gaze from her resting form to the open crack. It was pitch black and silent. Staring into the abyss, Mono felt his eyes staring to fall. With each blink, his eye lids came heavier. His eyes would close for longer periods of time, before he overcome with sleep and past out.

It was peacefull in his dream world. His heartbeat slow, matching his steady breathing while his chest rose and fell with the rythm. His imagination swirled with a mix of yellow and grey. At some point grey would cover his dream world, but not before a yellow light would come lashing through. Bringing colour to his world. A soft whimper started to echo around him. All his yellow lashed away and black came raining down. Mono felt his face squint, as he saw two white eyes glare at him. The body of a slim being flash with the crackle of another, louder whimper. His eyes flung open. Jolting up and jasping for air. What happened. It was so peacefull before- Mono looked over to where the noise came from. And what he saw snapped him in two.

More guilt comes washing into him. Hitting him like a wave. Six's body was jerking about, as her skin was drenched in sweat. She whimpered and cried. She shook and shivered. A nightmare. Carefully, Mono moved next to her, facing her back. He hesitantly layed a hand on her back. From the side, Mono could slightly see through her hair. Her eyes snapped open, her breaths hurried and fearful. She jerked her head towards Mono. "Hey," Mono hushed, "hey. Its okay. Your okay." Six gently nodded before laying her head down. She closed her eyes as her arms hugged her body. Sighing softly, Mono slipped his coat sling of before bundling it up and placing it next to Six's arms. She subconsciously wrapped her arms around it and hugged it. Her tense muscles seemed to relaxe. She feels safer when enclosed.... and hugging something seems to calm her.... a grin fell of his face.