Chpater 16 - Dreams

Congrats, we are halfway through through the writing of this book... yay
And to congratulate being half way this is another part in Six's perspective (time to get in on her thoughts about Mono o(>ω<)o )
Lets go! Enjoy!
____

Her body hurt. She had no energy in her system. Mono sat next to her laying form. His head turned left to right like a guard dog. Six was grateful for his protection. Without Mono she would definitely be dead right now. Six continued to lay, motionless. She closed her eyes as she let the cool refreshing air fill her lungs. The air tasted so sweet. "We can't stay here," Mono gently whispered, "we need to find a place to stay." Hs sounded so gentle, yet comanding.

Six knew he was right. But she didn't want to move. Her muscle's cried 'no', along with everything else she had controll of. She could feel Mono's gaze on her form, waiting patiently. Reluctantly, Six nodded. Openeing her eyes, Six heaved herself into a sitting position. Mono stood tall, lowering a hand for Six. Slightly grinning, Six lifted her small hand and weakly gripped onto Mono's hand. As Six was lifted off her feet from Mono, she stumbled forward. Mono caught her before she fell on her face.

Gripping onto Mono's wrist that was infront of her, Six tried to steady herself. He legs wobbled under her wheight. When she got her footing, Mono nodded and they started to make their way to a safe location. Mono kept by Six's side. Six felt his hand on her back and his other hand holding onto her useless arm. He is so patient. Six felt herself wobble, Mono tightening his grip on her. He has never left me behind. Not once. He always come's to help me. A tired grin fell on Six's face. Spots filled her vision, fatigue grabbing its hold on her.

Mono led her to a huge bulding with fuzzy smoke emitting from the roof. Its walls were crumbling, but stood proud and tall. Nearby powerlines tilted to the side, leaning on the bulding, their wires hanging freely from their posts. The two ducked through a small crack in the buildings wall. The inside was dusted in black powder. It smelt of old chimneys. The powder was hard under Six's feet, its black colour sticking to the bottom of her foot.

"Come on. Just a little further." Mono hushed. He must be tired too. So, why bother to help me? I am the weakest here. Why keep the weakest link? Little did Six know, she spoke her thoughts aloud. She felt the boy next to her look down at her.,Six shifted her gaze to look at Mono, a soft shine shimmered in his eye. Six shrugged it off as worry, as she kept tripping over her own feet, and kept her eyes forward.

Six felt herself lunge forward as the boy next to her stop walking. If it wasn't for Mono's swift reaction, Six would have flattened her face, and would've never wanted to move from that spot. Too lazy to do anything, Six let Mono push her in another direction. Not knowing where she was going, she let Mono just be her arms and legs. Mono carfully pushed Six through a crack in the wall. Six watched as Mono squeezed through and assisted in helping her sit down slowly. Her back was pressed against the rough cement wall. Using the last of her energy, Six used her arms to gently place her upper body on the floor.

She layed in a curled ball. Her eyes lazily following Mono as he sat against a wall, taking his trench coat off. The small area they were in was empty, besides for a random block of concrete. Six gave a broken cough. Her body shivered as she felt the cool water run downher back. My fox. Worry set in. She quickly shoved her hand in her coats pocket, pulling out a wet plush fox. To her surprise, the Fox was drier than her. It had all its limbs and stitching in place. Six placed the fox infront of her face, as it rested on the grey floor. Six looked up from her fox, seeing how Mono twisted his trench coat in all directions trying to get the water out. Using her arm that wasn't currently being squished by her body, she attempted to squeeze out the water.

Six's eyes began to drop. Her vision seeing spots. Ignoring the fact that the fox was still wet, Six pulled it to her chest. Her eyes closed, while her breathing evened out. Her mouth was slightly parted, her hair hanging away from her face. In seconds the world around her vanished. The last thing she heard was movement and something warm covering her.

Six was in a peacefull slumber for once. She could smell the sweet scent of burnt fire wood with a hint of fresh grass. It brought a slight smile to her face. Her black view started to swirl with simple colours. Nothing to bright, but nothing that was gloomy. Her mind brewed up a scene. Six was on a hill top, with long green grass swaing in the wind. It was nothing Six had ever seen, it was... beautiful. The scent of fresh grass filled her senses again. But she couldn't smell the scent of burnt wood that she had come to love.

"Six!" A confronting voice called. Their voice echoing through the medow. The sun gave a sudden flash, blinding Six. Lifting her arms to cover her eyes from the flash, she smelt it. The calming fragrance of fire wood hit her. She closed her eyes, taking a deep breath of the scent. A soft hand rested on her shoulder. Openeing her eyes, Six looked over her shoulder only to see the familiar paper bag boy. Mono. He stood their, with no mask, smiling. His brown hair dancing in the wind, while his brown eyes shimmered in the sunlight. Mono.

Her dream came crashing down at the noise of sniffling and shuttering of teeth. Fluttering her eyes open, Six felt a soft fabric over her. She looked down and smiled. Mono's trench coat was laying over her, keeping her warm. Aww, he dried his coat and gave it to me. But that means.... Six peeked her head over her shoulder. Next to her, Mono sat shivering with shut eyes. His back was pressed against the wall, his knees tucked in while his hands rubbed his arms, trying to keep warm. He shuddered.

Six bit the bottom of her lip. She looked back down at Mono's coat. She smiled. Six sat up silently, quietly putting her fox back into her yellow pocket. Carrying Mono's trench coat, Six sat next to Mono. She felt a pang of sorrow as he shivered again. Six straightened out his coat and pulled it over her and Mono. It was just big enough to cover the two, but Six had to sit super close to Mono's sleeping form.

For a while Six sat next to Mono unable to rest as she felt realy tense and awkward. Next to her, Mono unconsciously shuffled closer to Six. She held her breath, her heart thumping so loud she though that The Hunter could hear it from where they were. Releasing her breath slowly, she took in another stiff breath. Instantly her body relaxed as she smelt the pleasant fragrance of fire wood. Her form relaxed. The confronting smell brought on a wave of exhaustion. Six gave a big yawn, resting her head back on the wall. Her eyes shut once again.

Six slept. No nightmares, no dreams. Just a refreshing rest, that recharged Six's battery. Her eyes leisurely opened. She noticed a soft yet firm cushion under her head, along with a slight bit of movement. Tilting her head, Six tensed. Her head was laying on mono's shoulder. Crap, crap, crap. Slightly lifting her head, she turns to see Mono looking down at her, his gaze gentle with a small smile. "Ever been told... its rude to... stare." Six muttered as clearly as she could. His eyes widden ahen he saw Six catch his eye, his face tinting a light red. Six suppressed a chuckle.

Sitting up, she streched out, causing Mono's coat to fall off of her. From the corner of her eye, she could see how Mono watched her. It confused her, but she didn't mind. Six hoped to her feet, dusting her yellow rain coat off. Beside her, Mono stood up, pulling his brown trench coat on. Six walked over to the small opening, waiting for Mono.

Once Mono reached her, Six was about to go through the crack but stopped. Mono held his hand out. Six felt her heart skip a beat, which hurt. Do I have some sort of heart problem from almost drowning a few hours ago. Slightly shaking her head, Six took Mono's hand. He saw how his form brightened, his brown eyes glowing. Mono was the first to pass the gab, Six following.

With clean, fresh eyes, Six analyzed her suroundings. Big chunks of coal where loaded to the roof in random piles. Black dust covering the floor. The dust tickled her nose, making her sneeze. Mono looked over at her, before turning his gaze in the other direction. His shoulders rising and falling with muffled giggles. Is he laughing at my sneze?

___
Haha! I spray cuteness on you (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

I technically could of posted this yesterday but na, I wanted to make you wait.

Word count: 1595

See you around! ♡