Chapter 12 - Patients

Whoa, whoa, whoa guys. 9k reads and 329 votes. I am speachless!

THANK YOU SO MUCH! Hearts to all of you

I am writing this while heartbroken, I just finished the game and all I wanna say is WHY!! *cries in a ball*

I hope you Enjoy this chapter (gore warning btw)
_____

Mono's breath hitched. The Hand squirmed under its retraints. It soon snapped off, and somehow made hissing noises. It scampered off into a corner of the room, blending in with the other limbs. Mono could hear Six gulp. He took a deep, steadying breath and looked at Six. "Six, go back I'll deal with that thing and find a power core." Six opened her mouth to argue, but stopped. She looked up at Mono and shook her head. She grabbed the box's handle and pulled.Relief and determination fuelled Mono. He grabbed onto the box and started to help Six on pulling it, opening up the hole.

The small hole was cramped and a tight fit. Six was able to fit in with ease but Mono had a bit of a struggle. Six stayed in her spot, looking out of the hole trying to spot the hand. She seemed tense. Feeling tense himself, he swiftly grabbed Six's hand. Six froze. She glanced over her shoulder, Mono nodded in confirmation. Giving her nod back, Six looked forward. Mono crouched patiently behind Six, tightly holding onto her hand, waiting for her signal to run. As soon as Six squeezed Mono's hand, she rushed into the open, pulling Mono along. Regaining his footing he saw the Hand leap out of its hiding place, pouncing at Six's face. Mono yanked Six in his direction, causing the hand to miss and fall on its side.

At the speed of light, Mono and Six made it to a small table and pulled themselves ontop of a metal surface. Mono's eyes instantly flew their attentiom to little sharp tools that were laying on the table, surprisingly clean. The hand ran left to right below them, waiting for its prey to make a move. Mono knelt, picking up a tiny knife. "How good are your throwing skills?" Mono looked at Six. She gave him a funny look. Mono lifted up the mini dager, its metal end shining in the faint light. Six's made an 'o' with her mouth. She shook her head left to right, as if to say 'its average'.

Mono watched as Six bent down to pick up a scissor of some type. "First one to get the hand doesn't need to carry the battery." Six side glanced at Mono, slightly smiling. Mono and Six then started throwing sharp tools at the Hand and boy did it not appreciate it. It hissed and spat, lifting two of his fingers like a spiders fang. Mono threw a random sharp tool at the creature missing by an inch. The Hand leaped back giving Six an opening. Mono was in awe as he watched Six get a sraight hit on one of the Spider-hand's fingers, slicing it straight off. The hand curled, spitting its hate before running away into the shadows again. "Bullseye," Mono mumbled star-struck. He had a warm feeling in his chest, feeling proud that Six started to fight alongside Mono.

Six looked over at Mono with a slight smile. Mono had a grin himself, but Six would never know. Just as quick as the smile came it left. She looked down to the side. What happend. Mono was lost. One moment she was happy and brave, the next, sad and shy. It hurt Mono but he knew he couldn't confront Six now, they were still in danger. "Hey," Mono whispered, jumping down from the table, "lets go."

Six nodded and followed. Mono started to climb, using the shelves as a type of ladder. Six right behind him. At the top, they crept through a vent system, popping out the other side and landing on a squishy body bag. When Six landed beside him the pressure of the two on the bag made it burst. Blood sprayed on the two. Mono could taste the metalic tignle of blood in his mouth, as the liquid seeped through his clothing. Ew, ew, ew. Mono's hair stood on end. He shakily jumped down, shivering from disgust and the cool feel of the liquid toughing his skin. Mono cringed, holding his tounge. Six walked next to him, her actions stiff. Lucky for her, her coat was water proof, meaning she didnt have to worry about blood in her clothing. The bad thing however is that she wasn't wearing a mask like Mono.