Chapter 26 - Connection

Beautiful art above by Emrose_123!!

Hehe, so I follow everyone who reads my story but I have unfortunately reached the follow limit so I can't follow anyone anymore and I am sooo sorry! I never knew there was a limit lol.

Anways on with the story

Enjoy!
________

Six stared at her bare feet, her knees to her chest. Mono sighed, sitting cross-legged next to Six. With a pained groan, he placed a hand on his head, leaning on his knee with his elbow. Six’s head perked, her eyes glimmering with concern. “Whats… wrong?” Six stutters. Mono takes his head of his hand, his gaze burning into the wooden floor. Slowly, he replies, “Just a stupid headache. This world constantly feeds off my power. That what lets us travel through this fake reality. And it is bloody tiring. ” Chuckling at the end, he winces.

Six looked away, “Oh.” At the corner of his eye, he saw Six fiddle with her hands, her arms hugging her knees. Her face was pale, her expression worried and scared. At every buzzing noise of static made her flinch. Her body was tense under her yellow raincoat. “How…. do we… get out of here?” She trembled, her eyes darting about. A soft chuckle rumbled in Mono’s throat, “Funny thing. I need energy for that. If I don’t regain energy in time, we will fade like that lady.” 

Mono put his right arm out, tugging down on his long sleeve. His hand was a faded black colour, glitching about. His hand was slightly transparent, matching the lady from before. Six stiffened, her breath racing. She slowly tugged her own sleeve of her coat down, her own hand fading away.  

 “So… what do we do?” Her voice was soft, cracking as she spoke. “There is not much to do. We just gotta hope that my dad and that lady doesn’t chase us again. Otherwise we will be stuck in here forever.” Fear lashed in Six’s amber eyes. Her gaze dug into the floor, her non-glitching hand messing with the brown coat around her wound. 

Mono’s gaze softened, the afraid girl shaking. She wasn’t use to this world. She didn’t know what was going to happen to her or Mono. Without thinking, Mono shimmed closer to Six. Cautious not to frighten her, he wrapped an arm around her waist. Six looked up at him. Mono offered her a sweet smile, “We’ll be fine. I won’t let anything happen to you.”

Six nodded, plopping her head on his shoulder, her arms hugging Mono’s torso. A warm feeling rose in his chest, his heart rate raising. A rose red blush blossomed on his cheeks as he placed his head on top of Six’s. Closing his eyes, Mono sighed again, taking in Six’s scent.  

I can’t deny it anymore. 

Six. 

I love you. 

With his heart fluttering, Mono happily embraced Six. His brown eyes were closed, calm. Mono could feel Six’s muscles relaxed, trusting Mono. His already existing smile grew. The two sat there in piece, not wanting to leave each other’s warmth.  

Bzzt. Mono’s eyes shot open. In front of him two slim long legs stood. Lifting his head, Mono glared up at the Thin Man. Mono’s brown eyes stared into the Thin Mans white empty eyes. Six kept her gaze away from the Thin Man, her body frozen in place. “Six. I want you to run. Get away from here.” Mono silently whispered. He could feel Six shake her head. “What… about you?” she muttered back.  

Mono squeezed her, before breaking the hug. “I’ll be fine.” Water filled her eyes. “Do you promise?” Mono stood up, putting his small form in front of Six. “Go Six.” Six furiously shook her head, not wanting to leave him behind. “But-” “Now Six!” Mono yelled causing Six to flinch. Hitting himself mentally, he watched as Six scrambled down the dark hallway, limping. I can’t let him hurt you. 

“You and your friend seem to have grown closer.” The static voice of the Thin Man rung through the Hall. “Leave her alone,” Mono growled, his eyes still staring into the darkness where Six ran off to. “Why do you care so much. She is just a girl. There are dozens of girls out there Mono.” Thin Man barked. Mono’s head swung in his father direction, his gaze deadly.  

“NO THERE ARNE’T! Six is a one of a kind.” Thin Man laughed, his shoulders jumping. The man shook his crooked head, cackling like crazy. “Oh my boy, you have fallen for the girl haven’t you!” Mono looks away. “Stupid Boy, she won’t love you. Have you seen yourself? She is just using you.” The Thin Man scolded, his legs cracking as he circled Mono. “Why do you think she ran away when you told her to? She is only helping you for self-interest.” Mono flinched, his hands pulling on his hair. His mind raced, fighting his father’s words. 

“Stop It!” Mono screeched. His legs wobbled before his knees crashed into the wooden floor. “You mean nothing to her. She doesn’t care. She doesn’t want to help you.” Mono scrunched into a ball, tears streaming down his face. His ears rung with static, his mind swirling with words, his eyes flashing black and white.  

A sickening smile fell on the Thin Mans grey lips. “Six will never love you.” 

Mono snapped. “STOP!” Blue flames burst to life, its glitchy form flickering. Thin Man stumbled back, blood trickling down his face as the force struck him. The glitch flames danced, twirling like a tornado.  

Suddenly, it vanished along with Mono. Thin Man grumbled, using a thin finger to wipe away the blood on his cheek. “Stupid Boy.” 

____
Word count: 904

A bit of a bad and short chapter. Sorry.

My brain is mush, it really didn't like describing stuff toady.

Also describing Mono's powers is so difucult. Like is it a static flame or a glitch tornado... *shrugs*

Tell me of any mistakes!

See ya! ❤