Chapter 15 - Near Death

Apple American Avocado's people, 25k reads and 867 votes. Wha-how-bla *dies*
Thank you so much! I cant even.

As I reward I give y'all a slightly fluffy chapter and an early release

Enjoy people of the magical unicorns!!
_______

Time seemed to stop. No one dared move an inch. The Doctor loomed over the two tiny teens. His breath wheezed through his nose, his mouth making odd growling noises. The Dolls stodd, watching, waiting. Their bodies waved from sized to side in anticipation. Mono held firmly to Six's hand, not planing on letting go any time soon. His other hand still held the metal box of Six's lighter.

His eyes darted from the Doctor to the Dolls. Their empty eyes never blinking, waiting for their prey to make the first move. Mono held his breath deep in his chest. His heart silently drumming, his lungs asking for air, his throat dry. Taking a dry gulp, Mono attempted to search his surroundings. Two things caught his eye. First, was an open vent that he hadn't seen before, the second was how the Doctors hand was moving towards the two slowly.

Keeping an eye on the big, sausage fingered hands, Mono slightly bent over to whisper into Six's ear. "There is an open vent to the left of us. On the count of three, we run to the vent. Got it," Mono vaguely tilted his head, waiting for Six to answer. She gave the most faintest of nods. "Three..." Mono tightened his hold on her hand. "Two..." He let out a jagged breath. "One..." Mono ducked down low, pulling his arm that held Six around his body. Her form skidded against the floor as Mono let go after swinging her weight around him. She came to a stop right next to the vent. Six looked up, confusion on her face. As long as she is safe.

The Doctor gave a broken howl. His fat hand reaching for Mono. Mono huffed as he leapt to the side, narrowly dodging the mans big hands. The Dolls yowled, "Mommy!" Before rushing Mono. Gasping, Mono tried to make his way to the vent, but the dozens of plastic children blocked him. Mono backed up, his hands up like he was trying to tame a wild bull. The Dolls surrounded him and behind them was the Doctor, crawling slowly behind. Mono tasted the bitter metalic taste of adrenaline. He peeked over to the vent, and Six was gone. His heart stung with an unknown feeling. She left... I guess it is what I wanted... but I didn't think she would actually leave me here to die.

They were closing in. "Mommy, let's play." "Mommy?" "Are you my Mommy?" "Lets go Mommy." It rung in his ears, each voice hurting more and more. His cluched the lighter in his hand tighter, trying to rid of the pain. Mono tried of cover his ears, pressing his hands against his paper bag. Suddenly, a rope made of tied bed sheets fell infront of him. Quickly glancing up he saw Six. She didnt leave me! Mono seized the bed sheets between his hands. It was rough between his palms. Pulling himself up, he started to climb. The Doctor wailed in sync with a pack of angry Dolls.

The Doctor started to rush over to where Mono continued to climb. But his foot got caught on the hanging light's wire. Mono made his way to the top. His hand took hold of the ceiling right before the bed sheet's were ripped from under him. Mono's body hung, his hands slowly slipping. He tried to pull his weight up but failed. Relief washed over him, as Six came over. She bent down and offered a hand. Mono took it. Six then pulled him up through the open ceiling.

Mono was on his hands and knees while Six was on her behind. She got up and dusted off her raincoat. She put out a hand as Mono looked up at her, he was in awe. Again he took her hand, and was hoisted up. Before Six could let go of his hand, Mono hugged her. "Thank you!" Six patts his back before huskly whispering, "not... the time." Mono pulls his arms away, putting them up in a surrendering position.

Suddenly, the Doctors arm shoots through a hole the ceiling. His plump fingers feeling about, while he made disturbing noises. "Right. Run first, gratitude later." He snatched up Six's hand  before running away from the Docotrs arm. Lucky for them another vent was in view. Still holding hands, both dusked into the vents, following its maze like interior.