Chapter 29 - Bring Me the Night

I am in love with the song above. LISTEN TO IT! Or I will attack your toes!!

Thanks to all of you. You all are so supportive and it just makes me soooo happy! Thank you ❤

Enjoy!
_____

Rain cried from the sad clouds above. Their tired tears soaking Mono. He sat there in the open streets, letting the cool water run down his face. His eyes were blood shot, his body shivering. With one hand holding his blood soaked side, the other was pressed against the smooth television screen. His body was hunched, his head down, feeling empty.  

I shouldn’t have brought her along. I’m so stupid. It’s my fault. It’s all my fault. He sobbed. No tears fell down his face as he had none left to shed. Balling his hand to a fist, Mono hit the glass lightly. Idiot. I could never have kept her safe. I should have taken her away from here. Then maybe we could be safe right now… and happy?  

A soft sigh passed his lips. Blinking, Mono glanced up at the black screen of the television. “I’m sorry…” he whispered, “I’m so sorry.” His brown hair dangled in front of his eyes, letting the rain cry with him. Lowering his head, Mono closed his eyes. With pain in his heart he lowered his hand from the television. It was a simple action but for Mono it felt as if he was letting go of Six.  

“I failed you.”  

A small hand fell of Mono’s shoulder. Mono stiffened, shooting his eyes open at the contact. The hand was freezing, feeling lifeless. His breath hurried, his lungs burned and slowly he turned his head to face the owner of the hand. 

Mono’s brown eyes widened. He jumped to his feet, spinning to fully face the figure, his hand still holding his wound.  

“Six?” 

Six nodded. Her body was glitching that of a T.V screen. Her body was a deep blue with fuzzy lines running through her transparent body. Black flecks surrounded her body like the sparks from a flame. She had no face, no features. She was just a glitching shell of a lost child. 

“What has he done to you?” Mono took a step forward making the glitch step back. The glitch lifted her hands up as to say stop. Mono froze, watching as the glitch peered over to the signal tower. He looked over, witnessing as the tower crumpled its fellow buildings.  

Suddenly, the glitches hoarse voice echoed through the streets. “Save me.” Turning his head, the glitch spoke again. “Please Mono.” Mono backed away before looking down. “How. I can’t do anything right. I try but I always fail.” When he faced the glitched Six, she was almost gone, her body fading. “Wait!” He leapt at the glitch, trying to wrap his arms around it but it vanished. “Don’t go.”  

He trembled, falling on his knees. Lifting his head, he stared at the signal tower. The tall slim building flickering its head light. The clouds trembled and swirled, its rain forming a gentle fog to settle among the city.  

Looking away, Mono glared at the wet cement path under his knees. She is counting on me. As long as she needs me, I will never give up!   

Slowly, he pushed himself to his bare feet. His eyes flared with determination, his will to be with her again. Without hesitation Mono ripped one of his long sleeves off, wrapping it around his wound. Blood stained his clothes and hands, but in a few moments the rain washed it away. 

Walking up to the television, Mono placed a firm hand on the television. I am getting Six back. And nothing is going to stop me! His brown eyes flashed an electric blue, zapping life into the dead device. Its black void like screen flashed to life. It flickered from white to black.  

Around his hand the glass screen started to form ripples like water. Little blue sparks glitched around Monos body before he was pulled into the television. Flesh and bone rushed past him as he was sucked in a tunnel of blood. It was dark and all Mono could see was red. Eyes laced the flesh walls, staring as Mono flew past. 

His body jerked, lading on hard cement as he was spat out of another television. The screen screeched before smashing, buzzing off. What was that? Mono got to his feet, dusting himself off. Now, where am I? 

Mono stood in the middle of a small room, his damp clothing making a small puddle of water under him. Grey cement covered the walls. Toys were scattered along the floor, some broken while others were completely untouched. A singular light hung from the ceiling, its lightbulb hissing. In the room was a singular wooden door, with an eye symbol on it with a crooked number six below it.  

Mono tilted his head, before he looked up at the open eye on the door. Once he looked at the eye it closed. Freaking out, Mono took a step back as the wooden door creaked open. 

“Odd.” Cautiously, Mono made his way to the now open door. Shimmying his way past the small gap, he was led to a bigger room littered with cages. Cages were stacked on top of each other, some cages had broken door, and some were hanging from the ceiling.

Taking careful steps, Mono looked around. “What is this?” It reminded him of those children he saw in those cages, unable to escape. “Who would do this?” His eyes landed on a poster that was discarded on the floor. It had an image of an odd shaped boat, that appeared to have a gaping mouth, and a lighthouse on its roof. Under the image there was text that read, “The Maw?” Squinting, he analysed the poster. “Strange.”  

A sharp light shone in Mono’s eyes. Moonlight reflected off a television that stood on a wooden window sill. Taking one last look at the poster, Mono scurried to the television. He pulled himself onto the window sill, placing his hands against the screen. The television flashed black and white, sucking Mono in. 

Popping out through another television, Mono found himself once again in the dark, wet streets of pale city. Standing up, Mono feels a tugging in his chest. Turning around he find the signal tower looming over him.  

Holding his breath, Mono stared at the towers doors. As if on que, they opened. The two, heavy concrete doors opened wide, revealing its blinding purple light. A soft music echoed from the building, sounding very familiar. 

Mono moved his hands in front of his face, trying to block out some of the light. Peeking past his fingers, he took a deep breath. And slowly, Mono started to walk towards the building. 

“I’m coming Six.” 
_____

Was this a bad chapter? yes. Do I hate this chapter? yes. Did I try with this chapter? yes.

Word count: 1100

Tell me of any mistakes

Love yall! ❤❤