Chapter 25 - The Lost Broadcaster

Art above by Y_0166. Its amazing!!

Yes I'm alive. Sorry for no updates for a while, exams suck and having multiple panic attacks is not fun. Yeah i cried.

127k reads and 4.5k votes... *blinks multiple times*.... what the slip slap, nick nack, pit pat, pady wack, tic tac, sfsjisgxfhdkeugsnsoejw!!!

Thank you all I- Ju- It- *heart attack*

*throws chapter as a reward* Just take it and let my cry over how amazing you all are ❤💕💖💘 *cries*

Enjoy!!
_______

Mono’s grip was firm, securely holding onto Six’s hand. The high pitched voice continued to talk to itself, as if it had the best voice in the world. Black wires tangled with each other as they led around a corner where white light flickered against the grey walls. Soft red carpet tickled Mono’s feet as he crept. Six leaned on him, limping along.  

Mono stayed at a slow pace for Six, his eyes never leaving the flickering light where the voice boomed. A dark shadow of a couch appeared under the light along with a more faded shadow that twitched awkwardly. Rounding the corner, Six and Mono crouched in the shadows of the room, where the flashing light didn’t hit. His heart pounded as his hair spiked with nerves.  

A glitching remain of a soul fuzzed in an out of existence. It has the faint facial features of a female, her glitch hair blowing in non-existent wind. Her eyes were a blank white, contrasting against her black faded body. Her gaze was looking down at a big kitchen like table. Pots and pans were stacked on top of each other, creating many leaning towers. A sink was located next to her wooden cutting board that she stared so intently at. Mono gulped as it lifted a large butcher knife, slashing it down, chopping the board in two.

Words came rushing from the glitching figure, but her mouth didn’t move. The lights flickered for a few seconds before continuing its steady flow. Looking over, it all clicked in Mono’s head. A camera was set up, focusing on the host. Big bulky lights surrounding the camera. A pale green couch was sitting in front of the light, casting its shadow along the wall. She was a television host. She was apart of the scheme, before her soul got captured itself. 

A tear dripped from its faded face. The tear glitched, disappearing as it hit the kitchen table. Suddenly the being opened its mouth and started to sig. The tune echoed through the room. Six’s head perked up. Mono watched her as she stared at the crying glitch with curiosity. Switching his gaze between the glitching remain and Six, Mono realised… this was the girl signing in the T.V at the bar. Her tone was sad, depressed as she repeated the song.  

Feeling a sharp pain hit his lower stomach, Mono sucked in a deep breath. We can’t stay here for much longer. Gently tugging on Six’s arm, Mono started to creep behind the setup. He could feel his energy depleting as the virtual world drained him of his power. It felt like he was being pulled into two. With his free hand he grabbed his head, scrunching his fingers as a static noise buzzed in his ear. 

His vision started to dot as his lungs burned. Six’s eyes shone with worry, squeezing Mono’s hand in reassurance. Mono glanced over to Six, meeting her eyes. With a weak smile, Mono walked onward. 

Suddenly, Mono felt his body lurch forward. His chest crashed into the wooden flooring, his face planting into the floor. A screeching noise echoed through the room, the glitching lady straightening its posture. The glitched woman looked around with its empty eyes. Mono pushes to his hands and knees, tilting his head to see the glitched lady slowly marching towards them.  

Six kneels down next to Mono. She puts a hand on his back, her eyes on the charging woman. The lady’s steps are wonky, her form fading and reappearing. Mono grunted, forcing himself to stand. His body screamed as he stood.  Six got to her feet, keeping weight off her leg, and watched Mono, making sure he didn’t collapse.  

Mono took a steady breath, his gaze sharpening as he swept Six off her feet making her squeak. Keeping her secure within his arms he carried Six bridal style. He rushed past the television equipment, making sure to not trip over any wires.  The lady followed. 

Her legs wobbled, her body twisting as she chased the two teens. Mono ran, Six in his arms. He skidded to a halt when he hit a dead end. No door, no cracks, no nothing. They were trapped in the room with no escape. Panting, Mono turned to face the oncoming woman. His breath hitches. 

Six squeaks in his arms, closing her eyes and moving her hands above her chest like a small animal in fear. Mono swiftly glances down seeing the terrified girl. His heart cracks, his fear rising. I can’t protect her. Mono grits his teeth, shutting his eyes angry at himself. The loud stomping of the glitches feet came closer to Mono and Six. Stupid idiot. I never should have brought her along. I only hurt her.  

A silent buzzing noise rung behind the two. Slightly opening his eyes, Mono looked over his shoulder. He gasped. The wooden walls spread apart, its movement glitchy as it formed a new hallway. Mono winced, pain erupting in his stomach. The world around him ate upon his power. This little trick only weakened him more. Six peeked an eye open, a worried expression falling on her features.  

Shaking his head, Mono pushed on, running through the small hall. Sweat droplets dripped from his face, his vision splotching black. Running through the newly formed hallway, Mono kept running. His legs ached, his lungs burned. The glitching woman was slowly catching up to the two, screeching. 

Mono falls. He loses his grip on Six, causing her to land on the floor in front of him. His vision is blurry, his hearing was buzzing. Six shuts her eyes as she tumbles on the wooden floor. Opening her amber eyes, Six watches as Mono gasps, clutching his stomach and head. Without being able to stand, Six drags herself towards Mono. When she is close she places a hand on his arms. “Mono…” she softly whispered, afraid. Mono looks up at Six, everything flaring in agony. His brown eyes land on her amber ones. He sees the fear and worry in her eyes.  

The lady stomps, her cries deafening. Mono’s breath was raged, his eyes still staring into Six’s. The woman lunges like a cat. Closing his eyes, Mono growls. Quickly he rolls onto his back. His eyes flash a static blue as he lifts a singular hand. The hallways walls crash into each other, blocking the woman from her prey as it made a wall. From the other side of the wall the woman screams, furious that she lost her kill.  

Mono’s eyes shift back to brown. He sighs, laying his head back onto the ground, shutting his eyes. His breathing slowed as he calmed himself. His body shook in pain, his head throbbing. He hears Six shuffle next to him, her gaze on his resting form. She keeps quiet, not wanting to disturb his peace.  

Suddenly, Mono felt his lungs swell up with liquid. His eyes bulge, his form quickly sitting up as he violently coughed. His hands covered his mouth as a wet liquid came from his lungs. Blood dripped from his hand. Mono sighed, “Great.” While Mono kept his cool, Six freaked out. “Are you…. okay? Whats wrong? What-” She was interrupted by a chuckling Mono. 

“Heh, don’t worry about me. My body is just slowly shutting down.” Six panics even more. “What!? Are you… going to die? You…. can’t die? I need….. You.” The girl rambles on and on, her voice cracking as tears well up in her eyes. Mono puts both of his hands on either side of Six’s face. “Woah, woah. I am not going to die.”  

Tears fell from her eyes, Mono whipping them away with his thumbs. Sniffing Six utters, “Promise?” Mono nods, placing his forehead on Six’s, “Promise.”  
_____
Word count: 1300

Finaly, Chapter 27 is in sights. Oh we are so close to where the big bomb of drama goes off- I can't wait to see your reactions on that chapter eeek!!

Hope you all enjoyed.

Tell me of any mistakes

TTFN- Tata for now¡ (ah, refrences)