Chapter 9 - Children of Misbehavior

I officially have the entire book planned out!! Ahhh tis so cute ≧ω≦ and I am publishing this now because I can and its my last week of freedom *cries*

Warning: Some graphic parts (like ew)

Enjoy the enterance of Ladle Boy
_________

Mono moved his flashlight around the library, looking about. His mind started to complain, for all he could see was books, books and more books. He felt that if he was to see one more book he would explode. He and Six had been wondering aimlessly through the library looking for where that previous wind noise had come from. There was no ventilation in this room, so Mono knew it had to be either a door or a masive hole in the wall. Grunting with frustration, Mono looked towards Six. Her fox neatly tucked in her singular pocket. She also seemed sick of this room. Her mouth flat and bored. The two met eyes, quickly Mono looked away.

Creak! The noise sounded close. Glancing at eachother, they both followed the noise. As they reached the section where the noise came from, Mono almost cried with joy. There, in front of their tired forms, was a slightly opened door with faint light shining through. Switching his flashlight off, Mono placed it in his pocket opposite of where he had kept the small shard of glass. Six want up to the door and slowly squeezed through the crack. Why didn't she try to push it open more? Curious, Mono followed Six. He attempted to push the door open but it didn't budge. But it must've moved before for it to make a creaking noise? Slightly freaked, Mono caught up with Six.

Not even a second passed by before the door slammed shut, making an echoing effect occur. Swiftly, he looked back at the door, shivering. "Okay, thats creepy," Mono trembled. Next to him Six nodded looking back at the door as well. Shaking his head, Mono contiued forward away from the haunted door. The two seemed to be in a hallway of some sorts. The walls covered in peeling green wallpaper, the wooden floor boards moving under every foot step. As a soft gust of wind came howling through the hall, Mono winced as Six pinched her nose shut. An overwhelming smell hit their noses. It was so powerful, Mono couldn't even identify what the smell was.

As the two turned around a corner, a horrifying sight lay before them. Six squeaked like a mouse, snatching onto Mono's arm. The Teachers head lay severed from her body. Her eyes rolled back, red veins climbing up her discoloured eyes. Her jaw twisted as it slumbed over her upper jaw while her skin flopped over her face. Where her neck was severed, bled a black and green type off blood. Her body, not to far from her head, limp and odly swollen.Welp, now I know what the smell is. Mono pushed back a gag by covering his mouth with his free hand. Shuddering Mono patted Six's shoulder. "Come on, we need to - move on," he roughly whispered.

Lifting his head, Mono heard hushed voices from ahead. They sounded high pitched and childish. Without thinking, Mono pulled on Six's arm and hid her in the shodows behind the corner. His body covering her's like a shield. His eyes sharpened as the voices came closer. Peering from around the corner, still covering Six, he watched as two students walked up to the teachers body. Their big heads shining under the faint light. The kids looked at the teachers body but odly enough didn't cry or scream. They cheered. Their high pitched screams pierced, Mono's ears. The children high fived eachother before they started to walk back where they came from. However one stopped. It turned its head and stared directly at where Mono and Six hid. It stalked closer to the two, reaching its hand out. But stopped as their counter part called for them. The students hand was bare millimeters from Monos face. The kids fingers curled before turning and creeping away.

A deep sigh escaped from Mono's lips. Too close. Carefully, Mono moved from covering Six and moved out of the shadows. He looked around, checking if it was safe. Once reassured it was safe, Mono motioned for Six to silently come. Looking at Six Mono saw how she fiddled with her hands. Shrugging it off as nerves, Mono whispered, "lets follow them." Six's posture froze. "Oh. Come now Six. We gotta see what they are up to. And besides, it might lead to what you're looking for." It took a moment for Six to reply, but she soon nodded. A gentle gaze fell of Mono's hidden face. He steadily held onto Six's hand. Six looked up at Mono and he nodded, silently telling her 'its okay'.