Chapter 32 - Lullaby

Mono’s static blue eyes glared at the Thin Man. His gaze was merciless and full of hatred. He gently shifted his gaze to the unconscious girl in his arms. Her face was peaceful, calming him down. His eyes gazed at her, overflowing with love. 

“Come here boy,” The Thin Man commanded. He tucked his slender arms behind his back, as his empty eyes watched the boy. Mono felt his blood bubble. Gritting his teeth Mono muttered, “You hurt her. You hurt the one I love.” 

Thin Man snickered, “Love? What do you know about Love?” Mono snapped, “More than you!” Blue flames glitched to life behind Mono. The Flesh screeched from the ceiling and walls. Afraid of the static fire, the flesh hid behind the concrete walls. The Thin Man rolled his white eyes, his expression never changing. “Mono, this is stupid. All for some girl, please.” 

Mono faced his unconscious love. She lay there, softly breathing. Blood dripped from her nose. Cautiously, Mono wiped it off with his thumb. He did this to her. “She is not just some girl!”  

The flames danced behind the two, listening to Mono’s rage. As Mono looked up at the Thin Man the flames behind him attacked while surrounding the two in a protective circle. They charged at the tall man, its hot surface scorching its surroundings black. With a wave of his hand the static flames blew to the side. 

“Sweet boy. My powers outgrow yours.” Thin Man growled. His neck snapped to the side as he took slow steps forward. “Don’t come any closer!” The electric flames swirl, rushing at the man. As the Thin Man tries to turn the flame away it doesn’t work and the flames burn him. The Thin Man cries, before washing the flames away with his powers.  

He growls. Half of his face melted upon the lick of the flame. His eye was missing from its socket, while his skull showed. Lifting his hand, he felt his face. Roaring, the Thin Man conducted the fire towards the two. But the static fire never moved. “What?” The Thin Man yells.  

With one last glare from Mono, the flames rushed the Thin Man. The Thin Man screamed as his flesh melted from his body. “NOO!” He screeched. His clothes turned to ash, his skin dripped as his muscles cooked. “Stupid fool. I will return. For I am never truly gone!” He roared as his body was consumed by the flames. 

Once the flames finished their feast they died down. Mono felt Six stir in his arms. He looked down and saw her amber eyes flutter open. 

“Mono?” she whispered, slightly tilting her head. Tears pricked Mono’s eyes as he hugged Six. Six smiled, instantly hugging Mono back. “I missed you!” Mono uttered in her ear. Six felt her face heat up as she whispered back, “well, I missed you.”  

Suddenly, the walls started to shake and crumble. Breaking off the hug, the two watched as the walls broke, and the purple light dimmed, letting in the pale moonlight. The ground beneath them shook. There’s no way out.  

Mono looked down. “I’m sorry Six… this is all my fault. If I didn’t leave you-” tears dripped down his checks. Six gently grinned. Pulling her yellow hood off, she lifted Mono’s head so they were face to face. She gently whispered, “Don’t blame yourself. You-You did everything you promised. You kept me safe, you never left my side, and you took me to a safe place.” Her voice was confident, never quivering.  

Mono shook his head, “I never took you to a safe place.” Six nodded, smiling, “Of course you did. Whenever I’m with you, no matter where we are, I feel safe.” Tears flowed down Mono’s face, his lips curving into a smile. “So, never blame yourself.”  

She feels safe with me! She… trusts me. Without thinking, Mono kissed Six. Six was taken aback but seeped into the kiss. It was gentle and slow, but it was full of passion and love. 

Around them the building crumbled. It all crashed down, the walls, the flesh. But the two didn’t care. As they pulled away from the kiss, they held each other in their arms as the building fell into the ocean. 

“I love you Six.” 

“And I love you Mono.” 

Then Nothing. 
_

___
Wow, this made me feel lonely.

Word count:725

Tell me of any mistakes!

Byee