Chapter 28 - Broken Connection

Art above by MusicalMelody (that their insta). Thanks for the lovely art ❤

I am so sorry that this came out so late. But I LIVE!!!

I need to say this. You guys are just too amazing. You brought this book back uo to 6k read and 1k votes, thats way more that what I could ask for. Just thank you. I may not be in this for the reads or votes but it really lets me know that you like this story so thank you all. ❤💕💖💘🌹

Enjoy!
______

A train sped its way on broken tracks. Its wheels screeched, creating sparks as it went further along. Mono's form shook in time with the train. His fists turned a pale shade of white as he gripped onto the ripped cushion of the train's seats. Piles of abandoned suitcases and clothing were scattered around where he sat.

His gaze was glued to the floor, staring unblinking. His breaths were slow matching the soft buzzing in his ear. Mono stayed silent, his vision flashing with the colours of a broken television.

A sharp pain struck Mono. His head pounded, burning. Closing his eyes, Mono grumbled leaning his forehead onto his hand. Sweat trickled down his face, his face hot. Mono's breaths became raged, his heart thumping. Memories rushed him, showing what he had done. Mono gritted his teeth, as his vision blurred.

Six was all alone in the streets, blood dripping down her cheek. Rain thundered down from the black sky. He walked away, leaving a crying, heartbroken Six.

Mono gasped. His eyes shot open. The ringing in his ears ceased and his eyes stopped flashing like a T.V screen. Did I do that? Mono looked down at his hands. Did I hurt her? His brown eyes sparkled with water. But I don't remember doing that? Why would I do that? Closing his eyes again, Mono leaned back on the seat. I promised her? I said I would stay with her. I told her we would be together forever. I promised. Slowly he opened his eyes.

He sighed before looking over his shoulder. What have I done? Mono sat silently, watching the pale city rush by him. His mind was blank with his heart halved. Intertwining his hands together, Mono remembered how he would hold Six's hand. Turning his head away from the train's window, Mono stared to the seat from across him. He could imagine how Six would be fascinated about the train. Her amber eyes shining with curiosity.

Mono lifted his arms to hug himself, his legs still dangling over the edge of the seat. Guilt clouded his emotions. Mono shut his eyes, trying to forget.

A warm feeling burned into Mono. Slightly opening his eyes the train was illuminated by a bright purple light. Facing the window, his eyes widened. The tower was feeding again. It than his him. It wasn't my fault... It was him.. Thin Man.

Mono shakes his head. His gaze sharpens as he stares at the signal tower slowly moving further and further away as the train travelled. Father got into my head. He messed with me. Controlling me with fear and confusion. He made me hurt Six. But I am going to fix that. "I'm coming Six," Mono whispered to himself.

Determined, Mono jumped down from the velvet red cushioned seat. Like lighting he shuffled his way through the jungle of suitcases and clothing. His mind set on one thing and one thing only. Six.

He quickly made his way to the back carriage. A huge arched door stood in his way and the outside. Mono searched about before finding a stack of suitcases. Scrambling his way to the top of the small tower of boxes, Mono took a running start. He leapt towards the door, pulling down on the handle. The metal door swung open. Mono lost his grip from the sudden movement, making him let go of the handle.

His body tumbled and rolled. The metal of the tracks bruised him while the sharp rocks scratched him. When his tumbling form came to a stop, Mono lay there. Blood oozed from his side, staining the tracks. Gritting his teeth, Mono grabbed his side.

Cautiously Mono got to his knees, before pushing himself up on his feet. His legs trembled as he limped over to the cement sidewalk. Keeping one hand on his wound he hoisted himself up and off the tracks.

Once his feet touched the cool surface of the wet concrete he collapsed on his chest. Wincing, Mono pressed broth hands against his side. Rolling onto his back, Mono looks down at his blood stained clothing. His shirt was torn, revealing a huge gash surrounded by a blue bruise. "That was a very bad idea," Mono chuckled to himself.

Resting his head on the pavement, Mono regained his breath. First Six, then I can fix this. Probably won't die from blood loss. Its fine.

Near him a television glitches to life. Its light dancing between black and white. Mono sits up, wincing as he does so. Keeping a hand on his side, he slowly stands, turning to face the television. A singular television flickered, its wires chewed through. Father.

Cautiously Mono hobbled over to the screen. His side burned but Mono ignored it, wanting to know what his father had done.

"I knew my little trick wouldn't last for long but it lasted long enough." The thin mans static voice echoed as Mono reached the television. Mono growled, "Where's Six? What did you do?" "Now, now my boy. Were is my greeting. I didn't raise you to be a commoner, now did I?" Thin man chuckled. Mono hit a fist against the glass, his blood boiling. "Answer the question old man! Where is Six?"

A cold chuckle rung through the streets. "Why she is with me, boy. Oh, we have been having the greatest time. I never knew your little girlfriend could be so entertaining. She is quite feisty." Mono slammed his hand against the glass, "If you hurt her-" "Oh come now my boy. I'm just having a little fun. Besides I own everything in this city. The people, the buildings. Why, I even own your friend."

Mono glared draggers into the flashing screen, knowing full well his father could see him. Raising his free hand, Mono was prepared to smash the screen in rage but froze. The silhouette of a hooded figure came on screen

"Mo-no!" the voice glitched.

Everything froze. Mono wanted to cry. His heart drummed

Six.

"Six!" Mono yelled. He placed his hand on the cool wet glass. "Don't- let- him- take me!" She cried, her voice cracking. "Six!" Mono desperately yelled. Using the last of his energy Mono glitched his hand through the television, grabbing Six's hand. Mono started to pull. Forgetting the huge gash in his side Mono used both his hands to pull Six out of the television. One her head came through the screen he felt relieved and so did she, but it only lasted a moment.

The thin man snatched Six with his thin digits. Fear flashed in her amber eyes as she was sucked back into the television by the Thin Man. Six let out a panicked shriek as her hands slipped out of Mono's hands.

As Six was ripped from his hands, Mono fell on his back. Sitting up Mono could only watch as the television switched off. With that his hope vanished. She is gone. No... No this can't be.

His eyes swelled with tears. Mono got on his knees, glancing up at the T.V. He gently placed a hand on the screen. Mono slowly lowered his head on the rim of the television, tears dripping on the floor. "NO!" Mono cried. Tears glistened down his face, his hand bashed on the glass, and his heart hurt.

He lost Her.
_____
Well this chapter stinks

Word count: 1322

Oh boy I am so sorry you guys. You have waited so long and I give you this junk. Sorry

Tell me of any mistakes!

See ya!