Chapter 19 - Pale City

Guys, guys, guys, guys...... its part 29 (。◕‿‿◕。)

Watpad is still glitched. Why you do this to meeeeee!

Also thanks for 60+k reads and 2.2+k votes. Like what the actual flapy dapy do dog. Thank you all!!! Have kiss XX

Enjoy!
_______

Mono kept his hold on Six's hand firm. Her left leg was raised off the floor. Mono glanced over to Six, her eyes wondered around the city. Mono had been told stories and had seen pictures of this place, but he never thought it would look this depressing. There was no colour at all. It was just grey. Rain flooded the city. Mono's clothing stuck to his body as his hair drooped over his eyes. He shivered. It was cold as a gush of harsh wind blew, causing the rain to move at an angle. The buildings jerked. He looked over, this place was dangerous and unpredictable.

To his left a door was left wide open, a light flickering inside. Six faced Mono as Mono gazed at her. "Lets get out of the rain." Six agreed with a nod of her head. Letting her lean her weight on him, they slowly made their way to the light. Mono was on edge. Keeping his eyes and ears open for any hostile activity. A harsh yet quite noise started to hum from the bulding. It sounded like a muffled song.

Rashing the bulding, the two entered through the open door. It was a bar. The floor was wooden, with rotted wet spots from holes in the roof. The walls were grey matching the grey floors. Bar stools stood as the edge of a long table, shattered bottles all around. Limp suits each sat in a chair. The fact that no one was here, though made mono relieved also crept him out. Hearing the music started again, he looked to the corner of the bar. On the floor was a black and white T.V. with a lady holding a pan and knife glitched about, singing a song. Mono noticed Six's reaction to the noise. Six looked over to the T.V, seeming to know the song. It made him curious as to how she knew the song. She was trapped with the Hunter, how could she know this song if there isn't any electricity in the woods... unless she had been somewhere else.

Ignoring, his urge to question her, he moved on. Keeping at a slow pace for Six. She is in enough pain. I don't want to make her have to remeber something that may bring back bad memories. On the other side of the bar, the wooden door was closed. A small crack was at the bottom of the door. But only one of them could fit through at a time. "I'll go through first. Then I'll help you through," Mono whispered to Six. Nodding, she moved her weight onto the door. Mono made his way through, sucking in his stomach to do so. Putting his hands through the crack, Six held onto his hand using it to support herself.

She squeezed past, landing on Mono's chest. Shifting her weight she stood on her good leg, still leaning on Mono. "Why didn't.... we go through... the T.V?" Six quizzed. Her voice getting clearer. Mono smiled before walking forward, helping Six make her way through the hallway. "Traveling through a television takes alot of energy. And I don't want to risk losing you in that world." Six had a confused expression. "World?" "Yeah. We enter a virtual world. It may be a fake reality but it can still affect your real life body." Six nodded. Taking in the new information. She opened her mouth to answet another question but stopped herself.

A stack of dirty, used clothing lay in a pile next to a flight of old wooden stairs. "Is everyone walking around naked? If so that is a weird fashion trend," Mono commented trying to lift the depressing mood. Six nodded, not really listening. A static noise flooded the stairwell. An odd music ricocheted off the walls. It was different from the previous music. It was more upbeat, but it had a weird aura to it. Not wanting to go up the stairs towards the noise, Mono searched for another way. Unfortunately there wasn't one. The only way to pass the building was up.

Step by step the two climbed the stairs. Six had a difficultly doing so. She had to use her injured leg to be able to climb the stairs. She hissed in pain every time she put weight on her leg. Mono did his best to help, but it he couldn't do much. Making it to the top of the first flight six fell to her knees. Her face twisted in pain. She moved in a sitting position, holding her wound that was covered by Mono's coat. Mono sat next to her. Patiently waiting. Six's eyes was to wooden stairs ubove the two. She sighed through her nose. "Why... don't you leave?" Mono looked at her, confused. "What do you mean?" "Why do... you stay?.... I only... slow you down..." tears streamed down her face.

Mono's heart shattered. He gently wrapped his amrs around her body, avoiding her wound. He pulled her close in a hug. Her muscles didn't tense like all the other times. She felt safe. Six hugged him back, rubbing her eyes on his sleve. "I don't leave because you are what is keeping me here. I will never leave you." Six tightened her arms around Mono. "P-promise?" Her voice was weak and tired, but Mono didn't care. "Promise."

The two sat, hugging eachother on the stairs for a while. Mono didn't mind, he actually wished they didn't need to ever move. Mono took a deep breath, taking in Six's sweet scent. She smelt of the ocean, with its sweet salty water and warm sand. Reluctantly, Mono pulled away from the warm embrace. "Better?" Six wiped away her excess tears with the plam of her hand. "Yeah," she whispered. Mono got to his feet.

Listening to the static music, he knew that the sound was comming from a few levels up. Turning to Six, he watched as she got onto her leg, wobbling. Going to her side, Mono had an arm around her waist to stop her from falling. Looking away from Six he analyzed the amount of stairs she would have to struggle up. Smirking, an idea lit up. "Hey Six," Six looked up at him, "try not to scream." She tilted her head, confused.

Suddenly, Mono lifted her up bridal style. His arms holding her back and legs. She made a tiny squeak, closing her eyes. Mono chuckled, starying his ascend. She flutgered her eyes open, her hands curcled up against her chest like a cute baby animal, her face a light shade of red. She watched as Mono climbed the stairs with ease. "What are you.. doing?" Mono smiled, "helping you up the stairs." Mono turned a corner, continuing his climb. Six was about to say something but Mono cut her off, "and before you ask, no you are not slowing me down or causing me any hassle. Your as light as a feather." With that, Six closed her mouth and let Mono do his thing.

Mono ceased in his climb as there was a whole flight of stairs missing. Slowly, Mono put Six down, letting her lean on him. Looking towards the broken wooden stairs, he saw a dead twisted townsfolk dangling on the edge. Its long skinny legs swaying back and forth from the non-existent wind. Thats lovely. Facing forward, Mono and Six pushed open a creaky door. Not even two steps into the room, the wooden ceiling collasped. A townsfolk landing onto the wooden flooring. It grumbled with a weird high pitched noise. It scrambled onto its feet, its bac, hunched as it rushed into another room. CRASH! Mono flinched at the noise.

Staring off at where the townsfolk went, the two teens looked at eachother. Mono shrugged, carfully following the twisted thing. In the other room, the grey skinned figure had its head smashed into a t.v screen. Its body limp. "Talk about a T.V addiction," Mono muttered. Six huffed, unamused. "Oh come on, that was good." Six shook her head. "Tough croud," Mono whispered. Passing the body the two made their way to an open window. Slightly keeping his gaze on the figure, he boosted Six up onto the window sill. Six extended her hand, pulling Mono up next to her.

Mono jumped down into another room. He spun towards Six, catching her as she hopped down from the wooden window sill. Placing her on the floor, he searched the new area. Seats that looked similar to bar stools sat infront of a long, wooden table. Above the wooden table, smashed mirrors lined the wall, cabinets and draws spacing out the distance between the mirrors. Scissors and hair combs littered the counter tops. Open wires lined the grey tiled floor. Odd.

Wondering about, an odd tune hummed around the room. The two froze in place from surprise. It wasn't from a t.v as it didn't have a static noise to it. They where not alone. Mono franticly looked for the humming noise, his body staying glued in place. Mono saw a fat head from behind a separated counter. The man had smooth, even, black hair that appeared to be covered in gel. Mono watched as it continued to hum, a chopping noise joining in on the beat. Six grapped Monos sleve, pulling on it. He kept the humming creature in the corner of his vision as he looked down at Six. She pointed over to a poster. A man with a similar form and hairstyle was on the poster. His face appeared sqished with a pained smile on his face. In his two hands he held long scissors. Above in cursive writing it read 'The Barber'.

Shifting to face the Barber, Mono gulped. Suddenly, its head spun around facing the two. His bland, black eyes, finding the two small teens. A sick smile appeared on its face as it lifted up a pair of long scissors that was the exact same as the ones on the poster, snapping them. A strange laugh puffing through its nose.

_______
Yay, I did it. A bit more of a fluffy chapter, but hey I enjoyed writing this one. Even if I wrote this in one sitting.

I uploaded this early because I am going to be busy with schoolwork for the next few days. Ain't that fun.

Word count: 1752

Tell me of any mistakes!

BYEEEE!