6

Renjun's POV (A few weeks later)

When our manager showed up and told me I was next in line for a U song, I was really excited. The dorms were starting to get boring, and COVID was not helping.

Mark was also going to be in the new song, (of course) but other than him there would be no other Dreamies. I was a little disappointed when I found out Chenle wouldn't be there, but I still was excited. I have other friends. Even if things get awkward some of the time.

(I'm not sure how this actually works, so here's my guess on what happens. Sorry if it's not very accurate!)

Mark and I went to meet up with the other selected members in one of the meeting rooms. I walked in with high hopes on who I would be working with, and I was not disappointed.

Jungwoo, Taeyong, Kun, and Lucas all sat in the room. Oops. I guess we're a little late.

The other members all flashed us smiles before returning their attention to our manager, who proceeded to explain the concept of the song, and what theme we were to go for. He also introduced us to the lyrics, and some of the choreography. I really liked the choreography. It looked like it was going to be fun to learn, and look really cool once we figured it out.

After a while, we were dismissed to go chat and catch up, since some of us hadn't talked in a while.

Mark instantly went over to Taeyong, and so I walked over to Jungwoo. I like him a lot, he's a really funny guy, and you never know what he'll say or do next. He also is very good at impersonating goats, which I learned in our vibrato 'challenge'.

And of course, there's the bonus of him being really easy to talk to.

"Hey Renjun! It's been a little while."

"Hey Jungwoo, how's your goat impersonation going?"

This led into a series of chaotic animal impersonations, including goats, ducks, and crows, and by the end of it we were both dying of laughter. We then proceeded to catch up, a bit more, asking about the day-to-day dorm life.

"Oh, yeah, everything's been pretty good," I said. "Been getting a bit boring, and annoying. I can hardly stand the others sometimes."

Junwoo laughed at that. "I actually envy you. Your group usually seems like the definition of chaos. And Haechan and Mark have been hanging out with you guys, so there's no sunshine to bully."

We both began laughing again at that, before returning to the discussion at hand. "How has everyone else in your dorms been?" I asked, curious. "Oh, everyone's been fine. We all kind of want to bury each other alive, but we've refrained from doing so. And it's still the same old crushes and stuff as last time. It has been fun to bully Doyoung about his drama though."

I bet he's loved that. I can't wait till I get a chance to bring it up around him.

Everyone else had finished up what they needed to for the day, so I quickly said goodbye to Jungwoo and headed back to the Dream dorms.

When Mark and I returned, we were bombarded with questions. "Who are you working with?" "What's the song like?" "What do you think of the choreo?"

We answered their questions while also trying to subtly shift around so we could get to the kitchen and eat. Jaemin must've noticed though, because he got everyone to leave us alone, then went to go warm something up for all of us. In the meantime, I chatted with Chenle and Jisung, not noticing the longing look Jeno was giving me. Jaemin returned about 10 minutes later with the food, and Jisung ate as quickly as humanly possible. That child is going to choke some day, I just know it.

(A Month Later)

I glanced back at the airport one last time as our plane lifted off into the air. We were on our way to Scotland, to film by the ancient castles there, and I was excited to see them. I'd heard of them a couple of times, and they sounded pretty interesting.

I was discussing this with Jungwoo when Lucas, who was in the seat across from us, turned to talk to us. Well, more like he talked to Jungwoo while I 3rd-wheeled.

I swear, Jungwoo is the definition of confident gay. Ten is the only person I can think of that compares, and maybe Jaemin.

And of course, at the thought of Jaemin, my mood soured. He was probably back at the dorms, hanging out with Jeno, and not really caring that I was gone.

At least, not caring in the way I want him to. I'm sure he missed me a little bit, just like how I missed one of the other Dreamies when they left to do stuff for another unit, but that's a little different.

"Renjun, stop zoning outttttt."

Jungwoo's complaints brought me back to the present.

"Ah, sorry Jungwoo. Just thinking about... Something."

Jungwoo shrugged, and sat back down. Apparently Lucas had returned to talking with Kun, and Taeyong and Mark seemed to be in their own world, discussing lyrics and whatnot.

"Sooooo anyone you're interested in?" Jungwoo randomly asked.

I flinched, not really expecting the question, even though I should've, because come on, it's Jungwoo.

"Yeah, I guess. But they're dating. I suppose they wanted everyone else to know anyways," I sighed, not really wanting to talk about the whole Jaemin-Jeno situation.

So I explained how Jaemin and Jeno were dating, and how I liked them both. Jungwoo looked like he was pitying me at first, but then his eyes lit up like he had an idea.

"Renjun, it seems that your are in need of some lessons on how to be a confident gay."

AN: Looks like Jungwoo has decided to step in! Do you think he'll be able to help? 

Cya in the next part!