13

Jeno's POV

The morning before Renjun returned was one of hurried preparation.

Jaemin and I wanted our room and the dorm in general to actually look decent when Renjun got back.

We didn't want the whole place to look like a bunch of pigs had been set loose. Not like that can be helped sometimes.

Jaemin had somehow gotten the other 3 idiots in the dorm to help, although I'm not sure how. Those 3 are the most stubborn people I know.

The whole place never ended looking perfect, but it looked decent by the time we had finished. Not that it was that bad to begin with...

Then one of the longest days ever began, and honestly, it was unbearable. And I could tell it wasn't just us having the problem. Haechan looked like he would have preferred ripping his head off than having to wait till 11 PM that night. And Chenle was talking anxiously with Jisung.

So, Jaemin and I decided to play 'What is Renjun Doing?'. We were able to finish one scenario, but we were so excited, so ready to see Renjun again, that we couldn't focus long enough to create another fantasy. We wanted everything to be real. So we went into our room, laid down on my bed, and snuggled for a bit.

It was very comfy, and it helped me relax. The cuddle session appeared to have the same effect on Jaemin, because I could feel his muscles slowly relaxing.

I had my arms looped around him, holding him near me. His body was facing away from mine, so all I could really see was the back of his head, although I could practically see him smiling a little.

"Jaemin, just turn around. I can't see your face," I pouted after a while.

Jaemin let out a little offended gasp, and dramatically said, "Have you forgotten what my beautiful face looks like?"

I laughed a little, quietly, before teasingly replying, "I might forget if you never show me your face."

This caused the boy to turn around, mock horror on his face. "You might forget what my face looks like? But I put so much effort into making it look this magnificent!"

"Why am I dating you again?"

"Because you love me~"

"Mhm keep telling yourself that."

Jaemin began pouting at that, so I pulled him forward a little and kissed him on his forehead. "Of course I love you you idiot," I whispered.

His face brightened again, and he happily said, "I knew you wouldn't be able to resist my charm for very long!"

Ok but seriously, why am I dating this moron?

We continued our cheerful banter for a while, but eventually our thoughts returned to Renjun.

"I wonder if he's thinking about us right now," Jaemin said softly.

"I don't know Jaemin, I really don't know. I hope he is. I hope he's thinking of us and only us." (Possessive much-)

The only things we were actually able to figure out from what Haechan said were that Renjun liked someone, that Jungwoo was probably teaching Renjun to be more confident, or maybe just lightening his mood, and that Renjun has been feeling down, likely because of the person he likes.

The first point and the last points were the ones we thought about the most, usually with jealousy.

Renjun likes someone? And they've made him sad? First of all, how fucking dare they, second of all, who the fuck hurt you.

Jaemin, who had been saying pretty much the same thing, buried his head in my chest in frustration and sadness. "I just don't get it... Who would it be that would be making him sad. And why can't he just like us instead? It would make everything so much better."

And to my alarm, he sounded like he was crying.

Sure enough, I began to feel his tears leak through my shirt and onto my chest.

"Hey, hey, Jaemin, it's ok. Everything will be ok."

But that failed to calm the boy, who was sobbing by that point.

"Or even worse, what if he only likes one of us?"

I froze at the thought, unable to accept it. Only... one of us? But then wouldn't we have to choose?

I can't lose Jaemin! 

AN: I need to hire that sloth from the Croods to come say "Dun dun daaa" for me-

Complicated Love - Norenminजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें