17

Jeno's POV

Jaemin came into our room looking confused and upset, and I wondered what had happened.

I didn't have to wait long for the answer though, because Jaemin began talking the second our door was shut.

"Renjunie looked at me..." He began.

"Isn't that a good thing?" I asked, confused.

"It would be, but he looked like what you look like when you're staring at Renjun. In other words, he looked like a kid who saw a puppy he couldn't pet, but in a more... romantic way. That's the only other thing I can think of to compare it to."

This information startled me. I didn't realize I was that obvious when I was looking at Renjun. I'll have to watch my expressions more.

But also, Renjun had looked at Jaemin like that? But why?

"Jeno... I think it's because Injunnie likes me."

And at that moment I froze.

It makes sense though. Renjun got sad when we (Jaemin and Jeno, sorry I thought that sounded weird) started dating, and then he was heartbroken. Jungwoo must've been helpful because he was a distraction, and because he would probably be one of the best people to go if you had a broken heart.

But that would mean...

That would mean Jaemin would have to choose.

And there's no way he would pick me. Renjun's so perfect and beautiful and just... everything you would ever want. Even the way he squints at screens and things when he's trying to read them is adorable. (Because SM needs to give Renjun his glasses-)

"Jeno?"

I shook myself, trying not to think so negatively.

"Yeah, sorry Jaemin. I just needed a minute to process that."

"Jeno, you do realize he could still like both of us, right? We just have to pay even more attention than we already do."

I simply nodded in response to Jaemin. He was right, although I doubted Renjun liked both me and Jaemin. It was just too good to be true.

And so I laid down, unable to keep myself from thinking about Jaemin leaving me.