第3章 (Chapter 3)

Hey. 2 chapters in one day?! Maybe 3? Who knows! My notifications box is gonna die-( ͡ಥ ͜ʖ ͡ಥ)

Also, this may be pretty short but I don't know-

C h a p t e r  3

T h i r d  P e r s o n' s  P O V

Naruto woke up and instantly remembered that Sasuke Uchiha, his lifelong crush/former "rival" was in the same bed as him.

Hugging him.

He turned redder than Hinata every time he was 10 feet from her. (A/N: I don't even know if I should give him an award or not-) 

Freaking out on the inside was an understatement about what Naruto was feeling.

Butterflies.

That's the only way to describe these feelings. He thought. 

~Timeskip brought to you by my lazy ass~

Naruto was currently in the Hokage office, with Shikamaru, of course. Sasuke had to deliver those damn divorce papers to Sakura. 

She thought he forgot all about her cheating and didn't take it well. 

Anyway.

"Hey, Hokage?" Naruto responded with the way Shikamaru wanted him to respond. By groaning in annoyance.

"Shika, how many times do I have to tell you! Just call me Naruto!" Shikamaru chuckled at his friend's annoyance towards that nickname.

"Anyhoo, I heard about Sakura and-" Shikamaru saw how at even the mentions of the pink-haired woman's name, Naruto's eyes went bloodshot red. He hesitated before continuing, "Hinata cheating, are you and Sasuke holding up well?" 

At the mention of Sasuke's name, Naruto's eyes went back to that baby blue. 

Ok, so with Sakura's name, his eyes turn red, but with Sasuke's name, his eyes turn back to blue. Why would he do that?  Shikamaru thought as he watched the blonde humming while doing his work. 

He almost never hums because he said it distracts him. 

*BAM*

It hit Shikamaru like a kick to the face.

Is-is he in love with Mr. Emo? The Nara thought curiously. Knowing Naruto, he'd either confess right here and right now OR deny it then realize Shikamaru is legit the smartest man he's ever met and then confess.

Well, here goes nothing, it's now or never.

"Naruto?"

"Hm?"

"Are you in love with Mr. Emo?"

Naruto choked on his spit.

"W-what?!" He frantically asked, snapping his head in the Nara's direction. 

"You heard me, or do I have to say it again to get it through your thick skull?"

When Naruto just stared instead of responding, Shika continued.

"Are. You. In. Love. with. Sasuke?" He split each word up, hopefully making Naruto understand what he was asking him.

"I-I" 

Shit! He's the smartest man, like, ever! If I lie, he'll know I'm lying and force it out of me. Fuck! I don't wanna go down without a fight but it's Shikamaru we're talking about. Naruto thought. 

Naruto gulped. Shikamaru raised an eyebrow and face fully towards the blonde.

"Y-yes, BUT you can't tell anyone!" His eyes went red again, for, like, the fifth time today. "If you mention a peep of this convo, I'll burn you alive." Shikamaru didn't show any fear, but he'd be lying if he said he wasn't scared of him.

He may be dumb, but he sure is hella scary.

"Chill, I won't tell anyone." Naruto sighed a sigh of relief. 

Silence.

"Wait, does Hinata or Sakura know?" 

Again, Naruto's eyes twitched at Sakura's name, can you blame him, she cheated on his crush! 

"Nope, I won't mind if you tell them, I want to see the horror on their faces." Shikamaru got a chill down his spine when Naruto said this. 

He must be hella protective of Sasuke, Shikamaru thought. 

"Alright, I'll think about it, Sakura's such a drag though." Naruto rolled his eyes.

"Everything is a drag to you, well except for your undying love for Neji and Neji himself." He muttered that last part, but he made sure he heard it. 

Shika turned beet red, but said nothing but cursed him under his breath.

*Insert the '2000 years later' voice from Spongebob*

"By the way, did you guys fuck yet?" 

"SHIKAMARU!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I wanted to get this in like 5 fucking hours ago, but I distract myself with thy gayness. 

Word count: 704