第23章 (Chapter 23)

It's now March 30th. 

Itachi, Mebuki, Kizashi, and Hiashi have been planning this wedding for three months. 

They have the invites ready to be delivered to the Sand village for Gaara, Kankuro, Kiba, Rock Lee, and Akamaru. Itachi remembers Sasuke mentioning that no one has seen them for over six years now. The rest of Konoha 12 will also be invited. Of course, Kakashi, Obito, and Iruka. 

So overall, they would be nineteen people there, including the four of them.

Considering that Iruka still hasn't gotten over Kakashi, that will be awkward as hell, but Itachi couldn't give two shits. 

Mebuki and Hiashi would be preparing the food since unsurprisingly, Mebuki was bomb at making sushi, and surprisingly, so was Hiashi. 

Itachi had decided that there would be a colorful variety of sushi, red rice, shrimp, and sea bream. Of course, there would be miso ramen and red bean soup for Naruto specifically.

For Sasuke specifically, tomato ramen, baby tomatoes, and onigiri. Since that's his favorite food. 

Especially baby tomatoes. 

The dude eats them like apples. (A/N: not me exposing how i eat tomatoes.)

Anyway, after some hard-core thinking, Itachi had ultimately decided that Hinata and Sakura could come to the wedding. 

If they even tried to do one stupid thing, Mebuki would watch over them like a hawk. With Hiashi by her side. Because those two are terrifying when angry. 

Kizashi was assigned to get a priest, a flower girl, and the ring bearer. 

He decided that the ring bearer would be Konohamaru Sarutobi, Naruto's "student" and would be considered Naruto's little brother he never had. The flower girl would be Moegi Kazamatsuri, a girl on the same team as Konohamaru. 

Pretty good choices, if he could say so himself. 

Itachi assigned himself to deliver the invitations to the rest of Konoha 12. 

"Alright, guys, keep working, I'm going to deliver the invitations."

"Yes, sir!" Kizashi replied, full of life. 

"Ok, Itachi-san," said Hisashi. Itachi closed the door behind him and made his way to the nearest newspaper office to drop them off.

He stepped inside and the man behind looked at him. The man stood up and bowed to him. 

"Good afternoon, Itachi-san, how may I help you today," Itachi put the nineteen beautiful handmade (by Sasuke) invitations on the desk in front of him. 

"I would like five of these delivered to Gaara Kazekage, Rock Lee, Kiba Inzuka and Akamaru, and Kankuro Kazekage who currently reside in the Sand Village." He started as the man set aside five of them. 

"And the rest of them to Shikamaru Nara, Shino Aburame, Temari Kazekage, Ino Yamanaka, Choji Akimichi, Hinata Hyuga and Sakura Haruno, Tenten, Kakashi Hatake, Obito Uchiha, and Iruka Umino." He finished. The man bowed again and nodded.

"I will make sure my team gets them delivered today and the other five by the 2nd of April. Thank you for stopping by Itachi-san, take great care," The man finished, talking the invitations carefully in hands and walking to the back. 

"Take care," Itachi said and walked out the door. As he walking out, he spotted two people.

Hinata Hyuga and Sakura Haruno. 

Sighing internally and externally, he approached them with a deadpan look.

"I-Itachi, w-what brings you h-here?" Sakura questioned nervously once she noticed him. She was now even more terrified after she got her ass beat by him a few months ago. 

"Nothing much, really, just wanted to tell you and Hinata something." He made sure Hinata heard him say her name in such disgust. Before Hinata could speak, he started first.

"You're invited, I guess," Itachi spoke as he rolled his eyes. 

Hinata and Sakura looked at each other in confusion. They both looked back at Itachi.

"Invited to wha-" Before Sakura could finish, a local mail ninja (A/N: did i just make that up 💀) gave both of them an invitation. 

"What's this?" Hinata examined. Itachi wanted to bang his head against the wall from her stupidity. 

"Why don't you see for yourself." He responded in a rather rude manner but didn't give two fucks. He then started to walk away before he went deaf. He knew they didn't want to accept the fact that Sasuke and Naruto were getting married three months from now. 

He started to walk faster once he heard Hinata's cries and Sakura scream. 

He had to bit his lower lip to prevent laughing his ass off.

~

"So, Sakura and Hinata are coming to our wedding?" Naruto asked on lunch break. 

"Unfortunately yes, but Mrs. Haruno and Mr. Hyuga will watch over them like a hawk since I heard Mrs. Haruno beat Hinata and Sakura's asses." Naruto sighed a sigh of relief and whipped his forehead. 

"So, who did Itachi-san say was coming?" Sasuke started to count on his fingers.

"Kakashi-sensei, Obito, Iruka-sensei, Gaara, Kiba, Rock Lee, Ino, Choji, Tenten, Temari, Nii-san, Mr. and Mrs Haruno, Mr. Hyuga, Shikamaru, Shino, Akamaru, and Kankuro." 

"So that's nineteen people." 

"Nineteen people to feed."

"Nineteen people's worth of presents to receive." Sasuke finally sighed.

"Dobe, it's fine, as long as Sakura and Hinata are kept under control, everything will be ok," Sasuke reassured Naruto as he grabbed his hand and squeezed it.

"Ok, I believe you, Teme! Dattebayo!" He shouted a little, with the signature catchphrase of his. 

"Wait, doesn't Iruka-sensei still like Kakashi-sensei?" Naruto asked again. Sasuke froze. 

"Oh shit, you're right? What was Nii-san thinking?" Naruto thought for a moment.

"Drama?" Sasuke ended up nodding to that. 

"Drama."

"Well, fuck."