第10章 (Chapter 10)

Almost halfway, guys.

Wow.

 ● ○ ● ○ ● ○ ● ○ ● ○ ● ○ ● ○ ● ○ ● ○ ● ○ ● ○ ● ○ ● ○ ● ○ ● ○ ● ○

C h a p t e r  1 0

Shikamaru let Neji in his house, shutting the wooden (A/N: Is it wood??) door behind them. Neji's back was turned to Shikamaru, as he stood there awkwardly. After what felt like forever, Shika spoke up.

"So, um *ahem*, do you want anything to drink or to eat, maybe?" Neji perked up, almost like being woken up from a trance-like state. He turned around to face the human pineapple.

He smiled gently, which made Shika's heart melt like chocolate. "Sure, I'd like something to eat, if it's not too much trouble." 

I n  S h i k a' s  m i n d

Anger: STUPID FUCKING GOD LOOKING BITCH! HOW AREN'T WE SURE HE AIN'T PLAYING WITH OUR FEELINGS!

Disgust: Anger, will you calm down? Your yelling is grossing me out.

Happy: He's really cute! Disgust, what do you think of him?

Disgust looked Happy right into his bright yellow eyes. Disgust blushed a little.

Disgust: He's... he's alright... I guess. 

Flirty/In love: God... I love him so much. 

Annoyance looked at him in... well annoyance.

Annoyance: At least he doesn't annoy us as much.

Sadness: Well... he seems nice, I don't think he'll break our hearts.

Neutral put his hand on Sadness's shoulder.

Neutral: Sadness is right, he doesn't seem like the type to break hearts.

Anger: IF HE DOES, I'LL BURN HIM ALIVE!

Fear shivered.

Fear: A-Anger! Don't s-say things l-like that!

Anger rolled his eyes.

Confused: I just woke up, what's going on?

Happy playfully rolled his eyes.

Happy: Oh, Confused, it's nothing! You really never know what's going on, don't ya?

I n   R e a l   l i f e

Both men sat on the couch, not talking. It wasn't an awkward silence, it was a comfortable silence. They just wanted to enjoy each other's company for a while. After about five or so minutes, Shikamaru glanced at his watch and gasped a little. Neji noticed and turned his attention to his- I-I mean, Shikamaru.

"What's up?" 

"I gotta run, my lunch break is about to end and Naruto'll kick my ass if I'm late." Shika then realized Neji came here to talk to him about something. "Is it ok if we talk later, though?" 

Neji nodded and smiled. "Yeah, I don't mind. Should I stay here or..." His voice trailed off.

Shika blinked, nodded, grabbed his coat, and headed towards the front door, Neji on his tail. Shika opened the door and stepped, turning to face the brunette leaning on the door frame. "Ok, so food's in the fridge, obviously, if you wanna train, just go behind my house, there should be a training area."

"Ok." 

"Alright, see ya tonight!" Then he felt something grab his wrist. What the-

The next thing he knew, he felt a warm, soft touch on his forehead. He soon came to the realization that Neji kissed him on the forehead. He looked beat red and looked slightly up to the taller male. 

Neji was turned away and mouth the words, 'Have fun at work.' Before dashing into the house and slamming the door behind him, footsteps echoing through the house. 

Shikamaru slowly, but surely, put his fingers on the spot where Neji kissed him. He blushed redder than Hinata. 

He then checked the time, widen his eyes, and ran onto the rooftops all the way to the Hokage Tower. 

Luckily, he wasn't late.

W i t h  N e j i

Neji watched as the smaller male dashed onto the rooftops towards the Hokage Tower. He sighed loudly and slid his back off the wall.  "How the actual fuck am I supposed to deal with this?" He muttered to himself.

Something caught his eye.

A picture... of the Konoha 12. 

He walked over to it and picked it from the coffee table.

They took that just days before Naruto's and Hinata's wedding. Sasuke and Sakura were holding each other, so were Naruto and Hinata. Tenten was looking at... him, blushing.

He glared at Temari, who was making goo-goo eyes at Shika, of course, Shika didn't even notice. Neither did he. 

"What the hell happened to us?" He wondered. "We used to be so happy. Naruhina and Sasusaku broke up. Not like they were gonna last anyway, Kiba and Akamaru got kicked out by his own mother, then moved in with Kankuro. Gaara moved back to the Sand Village and took Lee with him." 

Neji gasped. It's been at least three years since anyone had even contacted those five!

"Holy shit, how long have they've been gone?!" His lavender eyes landed on Shika, who looked bored, as always, but nonetheless, still happy to be there. He blushed and sighed lovingly at him. 

Neji's been in love since they were fifteen. He still doesn't know how he fell for the lazy man. 

He just did, I guess. 

His eyes widen once the kiss finally sunk in. 

He kissed Shikamaru Nara on the fucking forehead. Like it was nothing. 

He facepalmed and sighed, trying to control his blushing face. 

How the hell is he gonna explain this tonight?