0.4

The next few weeks were the same as the first two days. A fire every night, fixing the boys up when they were idiots, keeping Minho from getting himself killed. That's basically become my job around the here. They call me a medjack since that's what was on one of the things of gauze. I'm not honestly sure how I know to do the things I do for the cuts and scrapes and bruises, it's like it comes naturally to me. Helping these boys is my purpose now, I'm not sure how I'm gonna do it but I'm sure as hell going to get us out of here and I'm going to protect them with my all once we are.

My name is still fuzzy. I've had a few come to me, Athena, Georgette, and Paige. I know that Paige isn't my name, it repulses me. Pretty much everyone just calls me doc, or occasionally, short ass. My name seems to be Alby's only excuse to use curse words here, though it's only him and occasionally Minho who call me by this name. I roll my eyes with a small smile settling on my lips thinking about it as I clean up with med-tent. "Hey! The box is coming back up." I hear Zart shout the words from the gardens.

I jog out to the rest and see them all crowding around the cage, probably trying to scare the new greenie shitless. I shake my head and push my way to the front, jumping down into the box before one of the track goes have the chance. "Here, they're harmless." I say sticking out my hand for him to take. He looks up at me and stands on his own. "Where am I?" He practically shouts. "Calm down now and I'll tell you later, you have a cut on your leg. I need to take you to the Med-tent to make sure it doesn't get infected." I say gesturing to his thigh. Holding my hands in front of me the way one would when they approach a wounded animal.

The boy looks down and realizes the blood seeping through the thigh of his pant leg. "Fine." He huffs rather childishly. I'm helping you, you not so little shit. I roll my eyes and take his arm once he's climbed out of the box, dragging him to the tent.

"Sit." I say pointing to the hammock stung up beside me. He looks hesitant but sits anyways. "Any idea how you got it?" I ask gently dabbing the cut with alcohol. "Yeah uh i- when the cage thing was coming up I tried to stand and it jumped. I fell on a crate." He explains, hissing when I pull a small piece of wood out of his leg. "Sorry." I say quietly. The wood needed to come out. I remind myself quietly, continuing to clean the wound.

"There. Come on now, I'll show you around." I say walking out of the tent. He gets up and walks after me not affected by the cut very much. He might make a good trackhoe with such a stamina. "So you still haven't answered my question." He says jogging up to me. "What question?" I ask, raising my eyebrow. "What is this place?" Asks again spinning in a circle. "This is the Glade. To put it simply, we're stuck here until until the runners find a way out. It's surrounded by a giant maze." I answer not slowing my pace. "You know your name?" He stops walking and looks at me, now scared. "Why can't I remember my name- I-I can't remember anything?" I my heart pulls a little bit at his frantic expression.

I walk to the greenie, putting a hand on his forearm to grab his attention again. "We were all like this, everyone's name came back within a few days. I'm still not completely sure what mine is but I have an idea of it." I answer trying to calm him down, obviously failing. "It's not that bad here, really." I say walking back over to him. "C'mon I'm gonna show you something."

I take him to the woods where I ran on my first day here. "So, are you gonna kill me now or...?" I smile at his sass, glad his voice doesn't sound as shaken now. "Just follow me greenie." I say walking further into the wood. "Here." I say turning down a corner into my makeshift hut made of random branches and some rope. "I come here to think sometimes. Figured you must be scared- and before you try to deny it only a sociopath wouldn't be scared here." I say sitting down on one of the tree stumps. The Greenie just kind of stands there awkwardly for a few minutes. "Well sit down Green bean." I say pointing to the stump across from mine, a faint pink dusts his face as he sits down.

"So, um a-are you the only girl here?" He asks rubbing the back of his neck. I nod, signaling for him to ask whatever he likes. "Do you all just sleep in tents?" I shrug, "I mean usually I do, the boys have one big canopy type thing where they all sleep in hammocks. Sometimes I'll come out here, though." He nods, and we sit in silence for a while.

I take the chance to really get a look at this kid, he's probably about my age. 16 I'm guessing, his head pretty much shaved down with wicked eyebrows and kind of dusty colored green eyes. Pretty tall too, a little on the scrawny side but that's sure to change. "Are we trapped in here?" He asks out of the blue. "Yeah..I think we are greenie." Silence again.

"Doc! Greenie? Are y'all out here?" Fry starts shouting through the wood trying to find us. "Yeah Fry! We're coming." I shout back as I stand up the Greenie standing too, following me out of the trees. "Hey Fry, this is the greenie. Green bean, Frypan." I say I walk towards the food area. The boys exchange nods shake hands in some over the top way. May as well make a blood pact boys.

"Squirt!" I yell, jogging over to the food place. "Shortass!" Minho yells back while Newt just rolls his eyes. "Minnie Mouse!" I ruffle his hair, sitting next to Newt with my plate. "Where've you been?" He asks. "Showing the greenie around." I shrug shoveling some noodles into my mouth. "All day?" Minho asks, raising a suggestive eyebrow from across the table. "No asshat, I had to patch his leg up too." I retort kicking underneath it. "Ow! Watch it At." Winston says beside Minho. "Sorry Win, wasn't going for you. Might want to move your legs." I say bringing my foot back again. He scoots down the bench entirely and I get Minho square in the middle of his shin. "That was uncalled for!" He whines, pulling his shin up to his chest. I laugh a bit at his childish reaction

Seeing the Greenie getting some food with Fry I gesture them over. "Hey over here!" I half shouting to them, scooting over to make room. Fry sits down where Winston was and the Greenie in between me and Newt. "This is Newt, Minho, and Winston." I say pointing to each of the boys, all of them nodding or offering a half smile. "You'll have the 'official' tour with Alby who you'll meet tomorrow." I say as he starts to dig into his food. Getting up I grab my plate and dagger, "I'm gonna go help set up the fire, play nice boys." I say shooting a warning glance at Minho.