1.7

"I told I'd get you back, birdy." Gally says leaning on the doorway of the new med-hut.

  A nickname he'd picked up for me since 'I'm small and I'm always in trees'

  "What the hell, Gally?" He fucking rearranged everything "You asshole! That was three damned months ago. The hut is mess!" Gally's smirk goes away in an instant. "Shuck." He says backing away from the door. "Shuck is right mate, I tried to warn you." Newt comments walking passed us. "You dickhead!" I punch him in the face. The cracking of his nose confirming that I hit him hard enough. "What the shuck?!" He groans bringing his hand to his face. "Fucking asshole." I say again kicking him in the gut this time. He falls to his knees in pain holding his nose.

He mutters something unintelligible as I walk away to fix my hut. "Come one then. I can't just leave you bleeding." I motion for Fry and Newt to help him up. "You kind of had it coming Gal." Fry says as he puts Gally's arm behind his head. "Shut up, Fry." He he mutters all mad. Cry me a fucking river. Don't touch my shit next time. Clint, Jeff! come help him out, please. " I yell into the hut, Gally coming in a little behind me, Fry still walking with him.

   "Hey, heard bout what happen with Gally. You okay?" Zart asks sitting next to me on a log. "Oh I'm fine. He's just been an asshole lately." I say forcing a small smile. "I probably went over board with almost breaking his nose and all." I rub the back of my neck, feeling not a small amount guilt. "Nah, thought it's pretty badass." He laughs squeezing my knee. Why the fuck is he touching me? "Really?" I ask trying to ignore the hand touching me. He is just trying to comfort me, I don't know him that well. Shit. If he's trying to make me feel better I fucked up didnt I? Zart smiles, taking his hand off my knee. Thank fucking God. "Yeah, it was pretty awesome to see him get his ass beat." Huh? His accent is too much sometimes. "It was-it was pretty satisfying." I say with a slightly less forced smile.

Frypan walks over to where Zart and I are, looking almost nervous to sit down. "What's wrong Fry?" I ask standing up and walking a few yards away from the spot with Zart. "Nothing. I just- I Why'd you do it?" He was being an asshole...But I kind of was too. Shit. Then again he called me a whore last week. "Honestly, I'm not sure at this point." I mutter picking at my thumbnail. "Do you think I should go talk to him?" I ask looking over to the med hut. Fry smiles a little and shakes his head. "Later, right now you both need to cool off. For now you're going to help me with dinner." He says starting to walk to the kitchen. "Okay then." I mutter to myself following Frypan.

    Fry rings the dinner bell and the usual stampede make their way over. Gally is sitting with some of the other builders, two black eyes and a bandage on his nose. I did that..fuck Guilt wells up in my stomach as I look at him across the dining area. "Go talk to him." Fry says from beside me, still serving Gladers. "He's not going to want to talk to me." I say, taking out my hair and redoing the bun. "You're probably right." He sighs serving the last of the line. "But I would go if I were you, if you don't want to talk to him that is." He says nodding towards Gally and the group of boys walking over for food. I sneak out the door and around the other side of the kitchen, not wanting, or ready for that matter, to see Gally up close.

    I slide down the concrete wall, sitting so that I'm in a corner and my knees are drawn to my chest. "I'm a bitch." I sigh leaning my head against the wall. You broke his nose and then left when he came for food. He's gonna hate you. "Will you please shut the hell up? Goddamn." I mutter aloud, tired of the nagging voice that's always in my head. I sit there for about thirty minutes, mind wandering to different subjects completely trying to avoid the one of my best friend's broken nose.

    Who put us here? Why did put us here? Why am I the only girl? Who were we before this? A bunch of mass murders or some shit? Who in the hell is Paige and why doesn't Georgette bother me as much? Why do I hate it? What the hell is missing?! What's the empty space? I groan pressing my head harder against the cement. Who is she? Who is she? Was she family? Was she a friend? Enemy? My thoughts keep wandering back to the extra names I got at first.

    "You look like your heads about to explode." I jump at the voice, Newt sitting down next to me. "What is it then?" He asks looking expectant. "Nothing to worry about Newtie." I say with a small, forced smile. "Don't do that." He says, quietly. "Don't act like I'm a little kid. We're stuck in here together and I won't leave you alone until you do, so you may as well tell me what the bloody hell is wrong with you." I sigh and let my head roll to the side, looking at my brother. When did he grow up?

  "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that." I say putting my hand on his. "It's just- complicated, everything is so damn complicated and I don't know how to fix it." I let out a something between laugh and a sob, covering it with a cough I take my hand off his and put it back in my lap. "I'll figure it out though. It's nothing to worry about, I promise." Newt nods smiles a little bit. He knows somethings up. He looks like he wants to ask more but stays quiet. Thank fuck.

    "Are we going to talk about it or just leave the fact that you beat the shuck out of your best friend earlier and now you're avoiding him?" Newt asks after a whine of sitting in silence. "I'd prefer we just leave it." I mumble, not even bothering to deny, resting my head in the corner. "Now we must talk about it." He says crossing his arms. I groan inwardly, knowing I'm not going to get out of this one. "I think I should talk to him but he definitely isn't going to want to talk to me." I sigh looking up. "How do you know?" He asks with a challenging tone. "I broke his nose and kicked him in the gut Newt." I reply with a slight glare. "And? You're his best friend. Do you know how many times Minho and I have beat each other's arses over stupid clunk?" He asks making gestures with his hands while talking. "That's different Newt. I barely had a reason! He pulled a prank on me and I practically beat him bloody." I say with the same tone. "I don't give a bloody shuck. You're going to stop with the pity party and go talk to him right now." He says getting up and dragging me to my feet. "I hate you." I mutter walking with him. "No, you hate when you know I'm right." He smiles. "That too." I groan quietly, regretting my life's decisions.

"Fine, you get thirty minutes to figure out what to say. Then I'm dragging you over to him if I have to. I don't care if I have to lock you both in the pit." Newt says crossing his arms in a motherly way. I resist the urge to roll my eyes and nod. "Sure thing Newtie." I deadpan walking away towards the wood.