3.4

Two days later

Gally's POV

"...How pathetically desperate do you have to be to fake something like that just to get a chick's attention?" I pause by a structure I had a few of the builders turning into an extra storage hut finding this conversation very interesting. "He even shuck works with her! He gets more than all of us combined, except maybe Gally. They're definitely boning by now." My jaw ticks at the boy's words, my fists involuntarily clenching at my sides.

    Setting down the hammer in my hand, I figure it'll be more satisfying if I settle this with my fists. I walk around the corner, both of the boys were rather small. The taller one was probably only 5'7-5'8 the smaller looking a few inches shorter even, I think they're baggers. This is gonna be too easy. I almost chuckle to myself as I walk over, the boys having yet to notice me.

The boys continue to go on about how much of a slut Athena is for a good five minutes before I clear my throat, standing less than a yard behind them. "Oh hey, G-Gally." I resist the urge to roll my eyes at the measly looking bagger. "Couldn't help but hear a part of your conversation boys. I must say, Athena is not one for being talked about." I make my way closer to them with each word, my knuckles cracking when my fist clenches.

    The taller straightens slightly, smirking up at me. "Well, since he's here why don't we ask him?" The twig of a kid tilts his head at me in the most infuriating way imaginable. "Is she any good in the sack?" He asks, a small intake of breath coming from his friend. "5, 4," I step closer to the boots with each number. "3, 2," I feel the knuckles in my right hand crack at my side. "1." I pause, closing the space between myself and the boy and letting go of my vision.

    The last thing I remember was my fist striking his left cheekbone, the sting it left only fueling my rage. The sweet sound of the boy trying to get back up only to be met with a knee to the ribs. His friend running back through the deadheads, calling for Alby and Jeff. Everything after that was...gone. I have no idea what I actually did to the kid. Nor do I really want to know from the looks of him.

    Now I'm sitting in front of Athena as she dabs underneath my eye and starts bandaging my knuckles. "That was really fucking stupid, Gal." She says applying the ointment on my right hand. I nod, still pissed that I didn't get a crack at the other one. "I mean it! I can't keep getting you out of trouble. Alby wants you to spend a night in the slammer, Newt agrees and there isn't much room for debate but I'm gonna try, okay?" I smile at her effort, enclosing her hand between my own. "I'll be fine, Birdy. Relax for once, I promise the glade won't fall apart in fifteen minutes." She looks reluctant but Jeff nods behind her, still patching up that Shank. "Okay. But only if you relax with me until you have to go." She smiles being careful to avoid my knuckles as she drags me up behind her.

    "Your hut or the Deadheads?" I ask pausing between the two destinations. She pretends to think before dragging me toward the deadheads laughing when she almost trips over a log, my arm on her lower back the only thing keeping her from falling. I chuckle a little too, enjoying the sound of her mindless giggling. She hasn't done much of that recently, I almost miss the loud bubblieness I used to find tiring.

    A smile sets itself on my lips as her laughter dies down. Until the small amount of space between our faces becomes very apparent. I can smell the coconut shampoo she says she hates because it never washes out with just one rinse and the water pressure here is horrible.

I can see the divets in her cheeks just a little off the corner of her lips. She called them dimples once, said she absolutely despised them. I can't see why because wow...they look amazing right now, accompanied by her beautifully content smile. The way her eyes almost sparkle with laughter when she finally lets go of the stress she seems to constantly shoulder...it's enough to make even Alby grin.