1.2

"Hold still unless you want a bald spot!" I say, trying to get Gally's hair cut evenly. He huffs and slumps into the chair. Zart walks over with Newt and Clint to see what's happening. "Woah! What are y'all doin?" He asks taking the scissors out of my hand. "Well I was trying to cut the purple out of his hair." I say gesturing to a pouting Gally. "You're gonna give the boy a bald spot. Let me." Zart says pushing me out of the way.

"So, Zart cuts hair, and I'm not allowed near scissors anymore?" I ask Clint, taking a bite of my sandwich. "I think that about sums it up." He laughs, leaning back into the wall. "So how long until we hear Gally scream?" He asks. "I don't know, I mean Zart seemed pretty confident in his skills." I finish my sandwich and stand up. "Wanna go check out the damage?" I ask offering my hand to the boy. He smiles and takes my hand, standing up. "C'mon!" He says, taking off. "Race you!" He shout from two damn yards in front of me. "Cheater!" I yell, sprinting after him.

"Holy shit! You didn't cut him bald." I say, slightly impressed and more than slightly out of breath, looking at Gally's buzzed head. "Yeah, just a little bit of water to style it each morning, he'll be fine and dandy." Zart says patting Gally's head, and going to walk away. I still haven't checked on him. "Actually while I've got you here, how's your arm?" I ask referring to the sling hanging from his right shoulder. "Is fine, stings a bit sometimes but is alright." He shrugs. "I still want to check it out since I haven't recently." I say grabbing his good arm and dragging him to the med tent.

   Zart sits down on the cot and I take off the sling. "Did Clint do this?" I ask looking up at him. "Yeah, he said that you had a birthday surprise so you couldn't be there." He winces a little bit as I check the swelling around his cut. "Sorry." I mumble, unwrapping his shoulder. No you're not. Yeah, but still. "Damn, I'm glad I caught you when I did." I say turning to his paper. "What's that mean?" He asks as if the Glade is on fire. "Just that if I waited any longer to change your bandages it probably would have gotten infected." I answer, grabbing new bandages. I re-wrap Zart's shoulder and take his vitals. "All good." I say softly, standing again, I tidy up the tent and head out to the woods.

     I sit on the couch Gally and I did the other night, seeing a bottle cap we must've missed. I smile a bit and pick it up, replaying that nights events. That asshole is too nice sometimes. My thoughts get interrupted by footsteps coming towards the hut. "Hey, shortstack. How's the birthday so far?" Gally asks sitting down beside me. "Amazing, thank you for setting this all up." Gally goes to dismiss the fact that he did it. "Before you say that it wasn't your idea, I already asked Newt." I say with a small smile. "Alright fine, it was me. But don't tell anyone else! I'm supposed to be mean and stand-offish." He says, chuckling a little.

My heart sinks the smallest bit hearing him say this. "Okay, okay." I say holding my hands up in surrender. Gally laughs a little bit, leaning back into the bench. "Thanks for today." I say leaning into his side. He puts his arm around me, "Anything for you Blondie" he mutters, closing his eyes. I lean into his side and let out sigh. "Really-" Gally cuts me off with a nudge in my arm, "I'll throw you if you say that I didn't have to." I chuckle and relax further into his chest. "Thanks again." I mutter He whispers something back but I can't quite hear it.

     "Hey, wake up. It's time for dinner." I hear Gally trying to wake me up from beside me. "Nooo." I whine, holding tighter to him. He chuckles lightly and pries my arms off of him. "C'mon." He pulls me off the bench and towards the dining area. "I hate you." I say as we're standing in line for food. "No you don't." Minho says from behind us. "Shut up, Minho." I say with a tiny smile. "Come now children. Play nice." Zart says, turning around to face us. I stick my tongue out at him. They all laugh and Zart turns back around.

     "Hey, Fry." I say, grabbing my food and walking around, trying to go in the kitchen. "Nope. Still your birthday!" He says blocking the door with his body. "Gally, come get her!" He half shouts. Gally and Minho jog over, Gally picking me up like a baby and Minho grabbing  my food. "Really, you two?" I ask looking between to the two of them. "Yup!" They say at the same time. "I hope your pillow is warm." I say turning away from them best I while in Gally's arms. Minho gasps and Gally tries to suppress a laugh.

   You're probably hurting his arms. "I can walk the rest of the way." I offer as we're a few yards away from the dining area. "I'm good." You're making him tired. "No really, it's fine." I say trying to get him to put me down. "I'm okay, I like carrying you." He's lying. "Are you sure? Because I can get down. Don't wanna like...tire you out." I laugh lightly, looking at the ground. "What? At, no. You won't. I promise." He says squeezing my side where he's supporting me. I force a small smile, "okay." I say quietly. "Are you two coming or not?" Minho shouts from the table. Only now do I realize Gally stopped walking. "Yeah!" Gally shouts, getting a better grip on me. "Gally, what are- No!" I say clinging to his neck as he takes off sprinting towards Minho.