MORE LIKE WHO THE HELL

"Are you okay?" Elizabeth quickly asked Ava as they both hid under the dining table. The sound of gunshots left just as quick as they came.

The sound of silence filled the cold air as she peeked her head out from under the table. Elizabeth listen closely incase there was a round two. When she was sure that nothing else was gonna happen, she ushered Ava out from under table.

"What's happening?" She asked her in between heavy pants. "Oh god, are we gonna die?" The teen cried out worriedly as her breathing quickened.

Elizabeth put her arms around the girl and quickly calmed her down, sensing her panic and worry. "It's alright," she soothed, watching as Ava's breath went back to a slow and steady pace.

She brought Ava toward the open door and peered out, making sure it was safe for them to leave. The place was empty except for the sound of some talking from Steve Rogers apartment.

Crouching down so she was eye to eye with Ava, she began to speak. "Listen very carefully," Ava nodded, signalling she was listening. "You're gonna go downstairs and find someone to stay with till your mom comes back, okay? There will be plenty of people outside as well, I'm sure they heard the gunshots too. Understand?"

"Yes," she responded her mouth in a grim but determined line. Elizabeth had taken all of the young girls fear and panic and turned it into pure determination, making it easy for her to do what was told.

With her arm still around Ava, Elizabeth walked them both out the door. Sending a reassuring smile, she watched as Ava ran down the stairs and out of her sight.

Without wasting any time, Elizabeth sprinted to the end of the hallway ready to help however she could. When she got to the door she sensed that there were three people inside instead of the two that she expected.

She crept into the apartment and watched from behind a bookcase as two familiar blonde heads were bent over a body laying in the ground.

"We all good in here?" She announced her presence as she went out from behind thevbookcase.

Sharon Carter spun on her heel as she held her gun up to the unfamiliar figure. She squinted as she tried to remember who the woman before her was.

Steve quickly dropped his shield to the ground and pushed Sharon's gun down. "The kid okay?" He asked Elizabeth as she nodded in return.

Sharon went back to crouching over the figure on the ground. She kept a hand on what looked like a bullet wound that had a steady trickle of blood poring out.  "Foxtrot is down, he's unresponsive." She muttered into a pager as she checked for a pulse. "I need EMT's."

Elizabeth walked over to see a man laying on the ground as he slowly bled out from multiple wounds to his chest. An eye patch covered his left eye and he was dressed in a long black trench coat that fanned out around his body. In other words he looked like he was going to a Matrix/Pirate themed costumed party.

"Do we have a twenty on the shooter?" A muffled voice asked from the pager.

Both Steve and Elizabeth looked up in time to see a flash of metal on the roof of the building across from them. The dark figure ran back into the shadows, but not before the two caught sight them.

Steve looked back down to the body of Nick Fury. Unsure whether to leave him. But a quick nod from Elizabeth was all he needed to know that Nick Fury was in safe hands.

He picked up his shield as he spoke to Sharon. "Tell them I'm in pursuit." Was all he said before jumping out of the window, leaving pieces of broken glass in his wake.