TOGETHER

"All our work is gone," Bruce said as they all gathered in the lab. From the large windows they could see that the sun had started to rise in the distance. "Ultron cleared us out. He used the internet as an escape hatch."

Natasha spoke up from beside Elizabeth. "He's been in everything. Files, surveillance."

Elizabeth readjusted the leather jacket that sat on her shoulders comfortably. "He probably knows more about us than we do about each other," she muttered as she rested her chin on her hands.

"What was he talking about?" Bruce asked her suddenly as he turned around from the table he was facing. "About your whole dead parents stuff?"

Elizabeth shook her head and shrugged her shoulders. "I honestly have no idea," she said lightly. "I know just as much as you guys probably do," she tried not to let it get to her. How that stupid piece of metal managed to know more about her family than her.

"And your brothers?" Natasha asked questioningly as she crossed her arms over her chest. Steve and Natasha already knew the whole story but she guessed they felt there was something she was holding back.

"Again," Elizabeth repeated as she let out a breath of air tiredly. "I know absolutely nothing. They left me in the dust years ago." No one spoke for a minute after that, all lost in their own thoughts.

Rhodey pushed himself off the table he leaned on while cradling his broken left arm to his chest. "So if he's in your files and he's in the internet," he stated with a thoughtful look on his face. "What if he decides to access something a little more exciting?"

Maria's head perked up from where she sat, picking glass out of the bottom of her foot. "Nuclear Codes?" she asked the group.

"Why would he want nukes?" Natasha asked with a frown on her face. "He said he wanted us dead."

Steve shook his head as he ran through exactly what Ultron had said to them. "He didn't say dead," he corrected as all eyes turned to him. "He said extinct."

Clint entered the room with a worried expression on his face. "He also said he killed somebody," he reminded them.

"But there was no one else in the building except us," Elizabeth informed the team before pulling herself up to sit on one of the empty tables.

Tony tore his gaze away from the dismembered part of one of his suits and turned to face the team for the first time since the fight. "Yes there was," he said sadly with his head hung low. Taking out a device from the inside of his vest, he showed them what Ultron had done.

In the center of the room was a yellow holographic structure that she recognised as Jarvis' system. Instead of it being intact like they all remembered it looked as if someone had decided to take him apart piece by piece.

Bruce walked up to the holograph with a wrinkled nose. "This is insane," he whispered sadly as he looked around at what had been done to the AI.

"Jarvis was the first line of defence," Steve explained with his gaze on the floor. "He could have shut Ultron down. Which makes sense why he would go for him."

"No," Bruce shook his head with his eyes still on the holographic system. Everyone turned to look at him questioningly, not understanding where he was going. "Ultron could have assimilated Jarvis. But this, this isn't strategy. It's rage."

At those words, she also felt a strong pull of that emotion coming from outside of the room. She turned her head just in time to see Thor stalk into the room angrily.

"Well there's a lot of that going around," she warned the team. Elizabeth watched as Thor walked right up to Tony and lifted him off the ground by his throat.