IF SHE COULD DO IT ONCE, SHE COULD DO IT AGAIN

"It's been twenty three days since Thanos came to earth," Rhodey sighed out as he looked up at the holographic screens above the wooden table in the center of the room. He stood beside Tony who sat in a wheelchair with an IV hooked up to him.

Tony looked so different from when they'd all last seen him. He was thin and pale with stubble growing out, which was unlike him. He raised a shaking hand to rub at his forehead and push his sunglasses up the bridge of his nose.

Elizabeth leaned against the small desk pushed up against the side of the room. Rocket sat under the desk beside her feet, as the two of them stared silently at the faces of their fallen friends.

Their faces flashed up on the small square screens, followed by their name and biological details. The only thing they all had in common was their date of death. All exactly the same, right down to their time of death.

When Bucky's face came up right beside Sam's she had to turn her face to the side, letting her dark hair obscure her view. She waited till their faces were gone before turning back to face the front.

"World governments are in pieces," Natasha said across from Steve who stared with a stoic look at all of the faces on the holographic screen. "The parts that are still working are trying to take a census and it looks like he did exactly what he said he would."

Out of the corner of her eye, Elizabeth saw Tony put his face in his hands at the sight of a young boy among the faces of the dead. Peter Parker, the name read. Only sixteen, his age stated. The number most likely going to stay the same forever.

Natasha took a deep breath as she looked around at all the faces in the room, some new and some old. "Thanos wiped out fifty percent of all living creatures."

Carol Danvers stared at a picture of Nick Fury with tears in her eyes. Her long blonde hair resting on her shoulders perfectly as Elizabeth saw her clench her jaw tightly. Her eyes moving to Tony as he spoke up from his seat.

"Where is he now?" Tony asked as he looked directly at Steve for the first time since he had got here.

Steve shifted his weight from one foot to the other, slightly uncomfortable with the way Tony was staring at him so intensely. "We don't know," he answered. "He just opened a portal and walked through."

Tony wheeled his chair back and forth lightly, only stopping when he caught sight of Thor sitting alone on the other side of the glass wall. "What's wrong with him?" Tony pointed a finger in Thor's direction with a tilted head.

"He's pissed," Elizabeth answered as she felt the never ending anger brewing inside of Thor. "He thinks he failed," she added when Tony raised an eyebrow at her words, asking for more information.

Looking down, she saw Rocket shrug at her words. "Which of course he did," he commented with his eye on the ground before bringing them up to look at Tony. "But you know, there's a lot of that going around, ain't there?"

With his mouth hung open, Tony squinted at Rocket in awe. "Honestly, up until this exact moment I thought you were a build-a-bear."

"Maybe I am," Rocket mumbled as he looked down at his hands with a blank stare.

"We've been hunting Thanos for three weeks now," Steve veered the conversation back on track. "Deep space scans, satellites and not to mention Wanda's never ending search. But we've got nothing." Steve sighed as he remembered how Wanda eventually gave up on looking for Vision but turned her sights on Thanos.

Elizabeth took a step forward to Tony. "Tony, you fought him," she began but stopped herself when Tony held a finger up, wanting to interject.

"Who told you that?" He asked, clearly not expecting an answer. "No, I didn't fight him. He wiped my face with a planet while the Bleeker Street magician gave away the stone," He corrected bitterly. "That's what happened. There was no fight cause he's unbeatable."