THE BIFROST

The weather was warm and humid, making Elizabeth sweat slightly. The sun shining down on all of them as they walked in the center of the field in Wakanda. More and more people gathered around, separating into their own little sections, weapons at the ready. She stood beside Bucky as they all faced the end of the dome where two figures stood, clearly not on their side.

Natasha was on the other side of Elizabeth, frowning at the two on the other side of the dome. A light breeze came by, ruffling all of their hairs lightly. Beside Bucky, Steve and T'Challa talked amongst themselves. All of them stood with their combat suits on, making the weather seem hotter than it actually was.

"Let's see how far they are willing to go," T'Challa said grimly before he and Steve took a step forward. Natasha nodded at Elizabeth before following after the two as the rest of them stood in line.

She looked past all the other people beside her in the direction of her brothers. The two of them stood side-by-side as they played with the weapons they were given, not that they'd need it. Bruce stood behind them, in one of Tony's Iron Man suits that they had nicknamed 'Hulk-buster'.

He saw her worried expression and reached a thick metal arm and waved at her, knocking over Luke in the process, making her smile lightly. Raising her left hand, she waved at the man before turning back to face the front.

"Remember what I told you," She reminded Bucky grimly as she watched Steve, Natasha and T'Challa talk to those on the other side of the dome. "Take care of yourself first, not me." She may have been a hypocrite when she said those since she knew she would look after him more than herself out on the battlefield.

"I make no promises," he muttered before leaning over and pressing a kiss to the side of her head. "I love you," he told her as she leaned into him. "So much," he added, making her heart flutter.

She smiled up at him as he pulled away, taking the gun out of its holster on his back. "I love you too," she said, forcing herself to get rid of her own worry and anxiety.

Steve, Natasha and T'Challa jogged back up to them with matching frowns on their faces. Behind them, she saw as the five alien ships slowly raised off the ground. "They surrender?" Bucky to Steve as he came to stand beside him.

"Not quite," he answered with a shrug of his shoulders.

There was the loud and heavy sound of footsteps that echoed across the clearing as an army of what she could only describe as alien dogs. The closer they got the more terrifying they looked, running on all fours with large fangs jutting out of their mouths. There couldn't have been any eyes on the thing since they would knock into each other constantly, their extra pair of limbs scratching at anything they could find.

A name for the mangled species came up in her mind. 'Outriders,' a mindless species subservient to Thanos and the Black Order, she remembered Rhodey telling them as they brought up whatever information they could find about what they were going to face. In the distance, she saw Sam fly by the side of the dome, looking down at the chaos. "Are you all seeing this?" His shocked voice came in over the radio.

"They are killing themselves," Okoye muttered to T'Challa. All of them watching in silent horror as the aliens would try to tear through the dome, burning themselves in the process. Soon enough, there was the horrible smell of burning flesh wafting through the air.

But just when Elizabeth thought it couldn't be any worse, the lucky few made it through the dome. Either missing half their body or their back burned nearly to the bone, it didn't matter. They crawled on the ground, through the tall grass with high pitched screeching.

There was the sound of some chanting in Xhosa as all the Wakandan soldiers around them, activated their shields. All made from the same flesh burning material as the dome. Someone pushed their way in front of her and Bucky, holding a shield up for their protection. Elizabeth muttered a small sorry as she accidentally elbowed someone in the ribs.