IT WORKS

Elizabeth walked into the lab with Rhodey to see Nebula and Bruce making some final adjustments on the time travel suit. Scott stood still and Nebula checked over his suit by his side. Rhodey whistled, impressed at the suit as he came to stop beside Nebula. 

"The world's first ever time travel suit," Elizabeth commented with a nod at the red and white suit. "Looks good."

Scott nodded before looking at what Bruce held in his hands. "Hey, easy there," Scott warned Bruce who went to place a red vial in its place inside the suit. 

"I'm being very careful," Bruce reassured as he bent down slightly just for Scott to grab the vial out of his large hand. Scott looked at the vial, making sure nothing was wrong with it. 

"You're not, you're being very Hulk-y" Scott stated as he cradled the vial as if his sole purpose in life was to protect it. "These are Pym Particles, and ever since Hank Pym got snapped out of existence this is it. This is what we have, we're not making any more." Scott lifted the vial in his hand and looked at all of them in the room, making sure they all got his memo. 

Rhodey held both his hands out at Scott with an understanding expression. "We get it, okay? Now calm down," Rhodey instructed as Elizabeth and Nebula nodded in agreement. 

Scott sighed and nodded with his head bowed. "Right, sorry," he apologised to them all. "We only have enough for one round trip each. That's it, no do-overs," he informed them before he remembered something. "Plus, two test runs," he added. 

He placed the vial in his suit and almost immediately shrunk in size with a short yell. Scott reappeared in his normal size and pressed his lips together as his helmet opened. "One test drive," he retracted his statement and avoided Nebula and Rhodey's disappointed gaze. 

Wringing his hands out, Scott bounced back and forth from one foot to the other nervously. "Alright," he began confidently with a nod that quickly turned into a shake of his head. "Yeah, no. I'm not ready for this." 

"I'll do it," a voice said by the entrance to the lab. 

They all turned to see Pietro standing there in his usual attire of running pants and a plain t-shirt. Wanda stood beside him in jeans and a long sleeved shirt. Bruce looked at Pietro for a minute as they all awaited his answer. Pietro raised an eyebrow, getting impatient quickly.

Bruce had opened his mouth to speak but got distracted when Thor pushed his way in the room between the twins, a can of beer in his hand and sunglasses covering his eyes despite it being indoors.

 Wanda glared at him silently as he brushed past her shoulder, probably still not over the last time the two had spoken. Thor on the other hand looked as if he couldn't even remember the last time the two had encountered. 

"Why can't I do it?" Thor slurred with one hand in the pocket of his stained cardigan. He came to stand in front of Bruce as he pushed up his sunglasses to rest on top of his head. He scratched his chin under his long beard that could even give Gandalf a run for his money. 

Putting one hand one each of Thor's shoulders, Bruce looked at him sympathetically. "We haven't made a suit for your, physique yet." Bruce chose his words carefully as he gave Thor a once over, his eyes resting  on his extra layer of skin a second too long. "Tony and I are only halfway in making the rest of the team's suits. Plus, Scott and Pietro are practically the same size."

"But I am taller,"  Scott piped up quickly as he began to take off the suit. Pietro rolled his eyes at the comment, muttering under his breath. Something about Scott being an ant compared to him.

Elizabeth saw as Thor looked away from the two before putting his sunglasses back on. She sighed when he walked past her and out of the room silently. She smiled curtly at the rest of the team in the room before following Thor out of the lab.