Chapter 24

Shivaay's POV

I woke up to the most beautiful sight I have ever seen. Waking up beside the woman I loved. She was lying on my chest, her beautiful hair falling on my torso. It was still hard to believe that last night actually happened.

A small smile made its way to my face as I stroked Annika's face. I wanted this time to just stop. Having her in arms is all I need to be happy.

She came in my world like a storm that blasted right through my defenses. I found her annoying at first. She was everything in a human I had grown to dislike. No family, no status, not posh. But I still couldn't hate her. That's what made her annoying. She was breaking my rules and I didn't like it.

I almost laughed to myself. What an idiot I was? I had everything right in front of me and I didn't recognize it. But no more, I promised myself. I will no longer run away from my happiness, my love, my life.

Annika stirred up and stretched her arms in front of me, breaking my trance. Her sleepy eyes widened slightly as she recalled last night.

"Good morning" I said as she turned to face me. Her eyes dropped immediately, and she moved away.

"What's wrong?" I asked unable to hide my panic. Was she not happy with what happened? Did I do something wrong?

"I.... I .... We ...." She mumbled. Oh, please don't let this be bad, I prayed. I didn't know what was going on. Was she okay? Did I push her into this? What if she didn't want this? What if she wasn't ready? What if she wanted to leave me? These what ifs just kept buzzing in my head.

"I am sorry Annika. I am really sorry. I shouldn't have done this. I should have waited. I am really sorry. Just please don't leave me." I practically begged. I was not sure what was going on, but I wanted to apologize if this was my fault.

She looked at me. Her eyes swarming with confusion.

"What are you talking about?" she asked.

"I am worried you were not ready and now you think it was a mistake." I admitted. Knowing we did something she didn't like made my stomach drop.

"Who said it was a mistake?" She asked in confusion.

"You just moved away from me as soon as you woke up."

"Shivaay, oh god! No, its not... Last night was beautiful. I wanted that, believe me." She said. She moved close to me placed a soft kiss on my cheek.

"You don't regret what happened?" I asked again to be sure.

"Regret what? The most wonderful night of my life?" She asked.

"Shivaay, I moved back because I felt embarrassed." She confessed, her cheeks turning pink.

"Embarrassed about what?"

"I was lying across your chest... naked." She muttered. Relief flooded through me at the fact she didn't regret this. But I couldn't help but smile at her cute face.

"And you are beautiful" I said and she shook her head. "You are, Annika. I meant when I said you are most beautiful woman I ever laid my eyes on." I told her honestly. I moved a bit closer cupping her cheeks.

"I don't want you to think any less of yourself. You are beautiful and you should not be embarrassed about anything." I told her stroking her face with my thumb.

"I am still shy to face you now." She admits. The pink tint never leaving her cheeks. How can one look so cute?

"Don't be shy, we already saw everything about each other." I winked at her.

She gave me a playful nudge, "Shivaay!"

"What? It's true." I gave a short laugh at her blushing. "If I had the choice, I would just be in the bed with you, naked, holding you close to me."

"Shivaay!" She exclaimed, her cheeks going from pink to red. She hid her face in the blankets.

"What?"

"Stop saying that, you are making me blush." She said.

I pulled the blankets down from her face. I placed my hand on her waist and pulled her close to me. She looked up and placed her hand on my face, "Thank you. Last night was beautiful. I love you."

We moved closer and I placed a soft kiss on her lips, "I love you." I gave her another kiss, and a moan slipped by her lips. We kissed for a while, bodies pressed together, tongues dancing together, short of breath.

When the most annoying thing happened. Annika gave a quick laugh and picked her phone. She talked for a while and then looked at me. I knew that look all too well, she had to go back to her job.

"Shivaay ..."

"Did I ever tell you I hate Kunal?"

"Shivaay, come on let's head back." I groaned.

"Why?"

"Because I have a job and some responsibilities that come along with it." She said, getting dressed.

"Come on now, I'll be late." She said giving me my clothes.

"Okay, only if you promise me something." I said giving a smile.

"Only if you behave." Sheadded giving me a quick kiss.