Chapter 8

Annika couldn't sleep the whole night. She was feeling restless and didn't know the reason. Because she was not able to sleep she went for a walk. It was six in morning and the breeze was cool so she went inside her room once again.

Shivaay also woke in his room. He was not getting what he was feeling.

Next day...

Everyone came to the hotel and Annika was busy arranging everything. She was greeting everyone and then she saw them.

"Bhabhi!" Rudra came and hugged her.

"Annika di!" Saumya was shocked but then went and hugged her.

"Rudra, Saumya. What are you two doing here?" Annika asked.

"Bhabhi I told you that this was my friend's brother's wedding. He invited me and Sumo so we came. Anyways I wanted to see you." Rudra said excitedly and hugged her once again.

"Wait. You said that you told her about your friend's brother's weeding? How did you tell her? None of us knew where she was." Saumya asked.

"Samar showed me the engagement pictures and I saw Bhabhi in it. So I asked for her number and Samar arranged it. I called her." Rudra explained.

"Rudra did you..."

"Don't worry Bhabhi I have not said anything to Bhaiya. Anyways he was not home when we left. He has gone for some meeting. You both are on the same track."

"What do you mean by same track?" Annika knew the answer but still asked.

"Heart wrecked." Rudra said with a sad smile.

Annika couldn't lie she just looked here and there.

"It's ok Bhabhi you don't have to say anything. I am just glad to see you."

"Me too."

Saumya was still in shock. Without thinking she blurted out, "Annika di, why did you leave Bade Bhaiya. I mean I know that it was because of Pinky aunty but why didn't you tried to contact Bhaiya once. I think he could have sorted out the matter, like he usually does."

Annika thought for a second how to answer. "I know Saumya I could have done that, but your Bade Bhaiya is very important to me and I can't hurt him. When I left him it was for him and after sometime I realised that our relationship lacked respect. I know that he can never accept a person without a good lineage and I don't have any. So I thought that its better if I never go back because I don't think that I can handle his rejection." Without realising she started crying.

Both Rudra and Saumya hugged her, consoling her.

"I am sorry Di; I shouldn't have asked."

"It's ok. I should get back to work. You both go and rest. Dinner will be served in about two hours." Said Annika.

Both of them went to their rooms.

"Annika, preparations are amazing." Veer came along with Kavya.

"Thanks Veer. How are you both?"

"We are fine. But you don't look so yourself." Kavya said.

"No its just the preparations nothing else. Dinner will be severed in about two hours you can go and freshen up."

"Kunal! Riya! What did I said about drinks being served after dinner?" Annika shouted.

"Annika its ok we are not serving. I was just tasting." Kunal said grinning while Riya just looked down.

"Sorry Annika. I told him not to but you know that he doesn't listen." Saying this Riya left.

"Kunal."

"Alright I am going."

"Now I should also go and get ready" saying this Annika also went to her room.