Chapter 27

Annika's POV

I could feel my heartbeat getting so fast that I thought I would pass out from the panic seeing the worst person in front of me. A thousand questions rushed through my mind all at once.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, trying to keep my voice from trembling.

"What do you think Annika? Why do you think I am here?" He asked back taking small steps towards me. I instinctively moved back.

"I will answer your questions but before that I want to know why Shivaay?" He continued.

"What...?"

"Why Shivaay out of all people? Why did you choose a man that belittled you all the time, made you feel inferior to him, insulted you every chance he got?" He spoke so quietly, it almost looked like he was talking to himself.

"I don't think that is any of your business. It is between my husband and I." I replied confidently. At least I tried to gather all of my strength to fake it.

"What did you just call him?" He asked quietly. The strange calmness in his voice was making my ears ring with panic.

I moved back a little more and moved my hands back to call someone, anyone. But the second I tried to tap my phone, Daksh moved so fast that I didn't get the time to even react. He reached his hand out for my phone and threw it across the parking lot.

"Don't test my patience, Annika." He moved to grab my face, but I moved back.

"What do you want Daksh? Why are you here?" I asked loudly hoping someone would at least hear me or see me. Why was this parking lot empty? Isn't there a wedding in this goddamn hotel.

"You need to come with me Annika. I can make you happy, not that bastard Shivaay." He said taking my hand and dragging me.

"Daksh, leave my hand!"

"No! You need to leave that bastard and come to me! I loved you so much, I can take care of you better than him! He shouted. "Come with me please, just trust me, I will take care of you. You were so friendly with me Annika. What happened to you!"

"Daksh, you need to let me go. You don't have to do this please. I am very happy where I am. Please go before this gets any messier." I spoke carefully.

"Messier? Your life is a mess, Annika. Don't you see it? He spoke frantically. He started dragging me towards a car. I tried to pull my hand from his, but he didn't even budge.

As we got closer, my breathing became uneven.

"Daksh please I am begging you, let me go." I pleaded.

He is not going to let me leave, I thought. With each passing second, my mind was going blank and my breaths becoming short. This is my only chance I thought. I have to try to make a run for it.

Without any second thought, I pushed him with all my strength, and he fell down, not expecting me to react like this. I didn't waste a second and started to run. But the second I tried, immense pain shot up my thigh and I fell down. Blood trickled down my leg and soon there was a red pool under me.

I looked at Daksh who was holding a gun in his hand with a horrified expression. He ran to me with the gun still in his hand and held my thigh looking shocked.

"Why did you do that Annika? You are bleeding now." He spoke taking out a handkerchief to press down on my wound and I screamed in pain.

"Shut up!" He shouted. "Shut up! Get in the car, and we can talk about it."

"Are you insane! Let me go Daksh!" I shouted back. I tried to drag my self, but he grabbed my arm and dragged me, and pushed me in the car.

"If you don't do as I say, the next bullet will be in Shivaay's heart" He threatened. My body froze that instant.

"No... you can't...."

"Exactly, just do as I say Annika. You will be happy with me." He said getting in the driver's seat.

I could feel tears streaming down my face now. I thought of Shivaay. He will find out. This is a parking lot for gods' sake. There has to be at least a dozen security cameras here. But before I could think of anything else, the throbbing pain in my leg caused me to pass out.