Chapter 13

Annika was in her room completely dressed up for Haldi. She was wearing a beautiful yellow lehenga. But she didn't want to go downstairs. She was still breathing heavily and her heartbeats refused to calm down. Pull yourself together she told herself.

She opened the door and someone hit her on her head.

"Ow" she squealed. "What the hell. Can't you see....."

"I.... I was gonna knock but you suddenly opened the door so.... I am really sorry." Shivaay said apologetically. But he couldn't stop staring as she looked mesmerizing.

"What sorry? Your hands are so tough, I thought my skull will open up." she said rubbing her forehead.

"Really? I never noticed." he said seeing his hands.

"What?" she asked angrily.

"Nothing. Here let me see." He started rubbing her forehead lightly. He was so close that they could feel each other's breath on their faces. Annika's face started to turn pink and Shivaay smiled seeing that.

He went a little closer and whispered "My hands can be soft also you know."

"Bhaiya!" Rudra said.

Both Annika and Shivaay jumped back.

"I should go back." saying this Rudra started to leave.

"No wait." Annika said. "Do you need anything?"

"Bhabhi actually I... no not really. I just came to call you downstairs. It's almost time for Haldi." Rudra said.

"Yeah okay. I'll be there in just a minute." she said.

She turned towards Shivaay. "Why are you here? You also came to call me?"

"No. I came because I don't have anything to wear for the function. I thought I'd be staying for a day only so I didn't bring any clothes along." He explained.

"Do I own a cloth shop?" she asked.

"Well you are a wedding planner. You must have arranged for all the clothes for bride and groom's families. Give something from that to wear." he suggested.

"I can't do that. Those clothes are only for those two families." she started to go but he held her hand and pulled her so that her back was pressed to his chest.

"I wore that suit for two days and I asked Rudra for these night clothes. I wouldn't have come if I could arrange it myself. Where would I go this early when the function is about to start. Moreover you said that it was your duty to make sure that every guest is happy and comfortable." he said.

"Yes I said that but you replied, " the thing about me being happy and comfortable, I am now"." she repeated his lines. "So why are you bothering me now."

"Wow you even remember each word I said. You must be observing me very closely." he whispered in her ears that gave her chills. "I am happy and comfortable but you know Raghav is not just a business alliance but also a good friend of mine and Kavya is just like a sister to me, so I can't show up like this. But if you really can't help me, I guess I have no other choice then." He pulled her a little close.

"So you will go in these clothes.?" she asked almost out of breath because of her heavy breathing.

"I am planning to but if you want I can go without wearing anything as well." he said smirking.

"Come with me. I'll find something for you." she replied breaking free from his grip.

They went downstairs to a master bedroom where all the clothes and accessories were kept. Annika found a light yellow kurta with white pyjama.

"Here go and try this on." she handed them to Shivaay.

"Yes ma'am."

Shivaay went inside the bathroom and Annika was waiting outside. Fifteen minutes passed but he was still inside. The function was just about to begin in five more minutes and guests were already coming down.

"Hurry up. We are already late." she almost shouted.

"Wait. I am not able to close the buttons." he said.

"Come outside."

"Wait."

"Just come outside." she shouted this time and instantly Shivaay was out.

"Can you give me anything else. I can't go outside like this."

"There's no time. The clothes are new that's why it's hard. I'll close them. She started to button up his kurta while he was staring lovingly at her.

"All done" She said but as she turned her, lehenga got stuck and she fell on the bed and trying to hold her Shivaay fell on top of her such that her back and his chest were pressed together.

"You okay?" Shivaay asked.

"Yes. Now get up we are getting late." She said blushing.

Shivaay got up but as she turned her face, hell fell on top of her keeping his face just inches away from her. She was just frozen on her spot.

"I forgot to say thanks. Thank you." he said smiling.

"No problem." she moved forward in hopes that he would move back but that didn't happen instead he also moved a little closer.

"And you look beautiful." saying this Shivaay got up. "Come on let's go. You said we were getting late." he said but she was still lost in some other world. So Shivaay took her hand and pulled her.

"What are you doing?" she asked.

"Taking you out."

"No I mean what are you doing. And why are you doing all this. Don't confuse me and stay away from me because this time if I break I won't be able to put myself together." she said wiping off her tears and ran out of the room leaving a hurt Shivaay alone.