Chapter 14

Everyone assembled for Haldi. Kavya and Veer were sitting beside each other, but a veil was in between, so that they cannot see each other. Kavya was calm but Veer was getting restless.

"Why can't I see her? She is going to be my wife." Veer asked.

"Not so soon Bhai. Have some patience, she is going to be with you for the rest of her life. You can do whatever you like then." Samar teased his brother and both Veer and Kavya turned crimson red.

Veer just glared his brother saying, "You are dead now".

Both groom's and bride's families arrived and started the ceremony. Annika was standing at a distance seeing the two happy families come together to celebrate the ceremony of two individuals committing to each other for the rest of their lives. She immediately thought about her own marriage which was not based on love and trust but on lies and hatred. A tear fell off her eyes. Little did she knew that she was being watched by Shivaay who was cursing himself for hurting such a pure soul.

Both families completed the ceremony. Annika was now standing behind Kavya and Shivaay walked beside her.

"Bhaiya, Bha... I mean Di, you guys didn't participate in the ceremony." Rudra said.

"Come on Shivaay go on. Kavya is like your sister as well. Annika you too are just a part of our families." Raghav said.

Shivaay and Annika exchanged quick glances to each other and did the ceremony.

Meanwhile Kunal was planning something fishy.

"What are you going to do?" Riya asked.

"What do you mean?" Kunal said innocently.

"You know exactly what I mean. You've got this look when you plan something." She said.

"Not bad 'miss keep quite all the time'. So, you notice me?" he asked.

"Yes" she replied, instantly regretting it. Kunal raised his eyebrow and a mischievous smile played on his lips.

"Really?"

She turned pink. But composed herself. Don't let him know that you have a crush on him, she said to herself.

"Yes as in to make sure that you don't do anything ridiculous" she said confidently and walked away.

"You will agree that you notice me without any reason." Kunal said.

His phone started ringing.

"Hello, Gauri! You are here? That's great. I'll come and pick you up in a minute."

Shivaay was with Rudra who was staring angrily at Saumya as she was talking to Samar.

"Shivaay? Rudra?"

Both of them turned and at the same time... "Om?" "O?"

"What are you doing here?" all three of them asked at the same time.

Shivaay and Rudra explained their reason and Om told them that he was here for an exhibition.

About 30 minutes later Kunal arrived with Gauri.

"I missed messing with you." Kunal said placing her bags.

"And I missed hitting you." She replied. "So how is everything going."

"Great. Annika is really good at her work." He said.

"I missed her too. I'll go and meet her."

"No wait. Not now everyone is getting ready for the evening's special event. You also get changed and meet us downstairs."

"All right."

Tonight will be a blast. Kunal said to himself.

Hey guys. Sorry for the late update. This chapter is just an outline for the coming plot. Next chapter will be filled with passionate and romantic moments. Stay tuned. Will update soon.

If you like the story please vote and leave a comment. :)