Chapter 10

Shivaay was not able to move from his position. He wanted to say so many things but nothing came out. Annika was in the same situation. Both of them were staring deep in each other's eyes. They could see how heart wrecked they were.

"Hi", Shivaay said as he could not find anything appropriate.

"Hi", Annika replied.

"Annika, I...

"Annika dinner has been served, it's our turn to eat." Kunal came and dragged Annika and Shivaay just stood there like a statue.

Annika left Kunal's hand,"I'll just come in a moment."

"Mr. Oberoi, you didn't eat anything. Please come and have your dinner." Annika said.

"You still care about me Annika. I knew it. You can hate me for doing hurtful things to you but you cannot take away the love from your heart." Shivaay said wiping his tears.

For a second Annika was speechless but after gathering her courage she spoke,"It's nothing like that. You are a friend of Mr. Raghav, that makes you a guest in the wedding and my duty is to make sure that every guest is happy and comfortable."

"So I am just  guest for you, nothing more." Shivaay said taking small steps towards Annika.

"No" She said looking down, not meeting his eyes.

"You sure?"

"Yes." Annika closed her eyes saying this as she could feel him just an inch apart.

Seeing her like that Shivaay just smiled. He didn't wanted to make her uncomfortable . So he moved back.

Annika opened her eyes.

"And the thing about me being happy and comfortable, I am now." Saying this he smiled and left.