Chapter TwentyEight

I'm not able to get these edited so there may be inconsistencies/changes done to make sure this flows with the spinoff.

David is supposed to be 7 but because of the spinoff, I decided to bump his age up to 10.

Sorry for any confusion!!

Chapter 28

Arabella Baine

"Is everything all set?" A soft giggle escaped little Eli's lips as Rylan swung him from side to side.

"Yes," I answered, just as Nick's loud cries filled the room, probably waking the other pack members.

"You coddle Eli too much. My poor Nicolai isn't getting the attention he needs. Don't worry, baby. Granny's got you. Let's leave your daddy alone with his favorite son," I walked over to Rylan's mom, kissing Nick's forehead. His topaz eyes shone brightly with mischief. The little bugger sure knew how to tap his way into his granny's heart.

Because pups developed faster than human babies, we were able to see the difference between the twins. Nick received his father's temper, always seeking out attention when we try to bond with his brother- Eli. His eyes were lighter than Eli's and cute dimples formed on his cheeks whenever he smiled. Eli, on the other hand, was a bit more calm and only cried when he was hungry or needed a diaper change. He was the older brother and already, I can see him looking out for Nick and whatever future mischief he's going to bring.

Rylan's mother cooed at Eli before bringing Nick outside, probably to swing with him in the hammock.

"Your gran's a real pain, isn't she?" Rylan whispered at a wide eyed Eli. "I don't think I favor you over your brother. I give you both the equal amount of attention."

"I don't know," I interjected. "Eli is the older son. The one who is going to take your Alpha title when the time comes."

His forehead creased with worry as he thought about what I've said. "But Nick is also taking the Alpha title. He will be ruling over you're the Baine pack. Now that I think about it, I usually change Eli's diapers more than I do to Nick's. Oh and I always kiss Eli's forehead first before bedtime. Oh no! My son is going to resent me and-"

A soft giggle escaped me as I clutched my stomach, willing myself to control my laughter. One look at his distressed and confused state had me losing all control. I laughed at how absurd he sounded. He was just about the fairest and most loving father I've ever seen. Between managing both the Sauron and Baine pack, he squeezes enough time to tend to our twin's needs and always takes the time to tuck them in at night. Sending me a glare, he stomped his foot and pouted, "This is not funny, Arabella! Pups develop faster than humans, meaning Nick must be able to understand and-"

"You are being ridiculous, mate. I was just teasing you. You are a great father to them both," Reaching out; I gave him a side hug and kissed his nose. "The best father I could ever hope for my children to have."

"Thank you so much for giving me another chance, love. And I was so worried. I want them to grow up, feeling equally loved and content with their lives. I promise that I'll be here for you... For our family, every step of the way," his eyes flickered down to my lips as he leaned forward and gave me a tender kiss. "I love you so much, my mate."

"Going back on that promise... Does it include a diaper change every now and then?" He didn't seem to get what I said as his eyes gazed upon my lips once again. Leaning forward, he brushed his lips against mine. I took charge of the kiss, plunging my tongue into his mouth and sighed at the minty taste of his mouth. Eli's giggles brought us out of our passionate kiss. "What do you say mate?"