Chapter Fifteen

NEW COVER!!! What do you think of it?? Like it or hate it?-->

Chapter 15

Arabella Baine

He lunged at me, catching me by surprise. Snarls came out of his mouth as he pushed me deeper onto the rocky pavement. Little jolts of pain erupted throughout my body, but my anger helped me forget about the pain. Gritting my teeth tightly, I tried my best to shove him off.

“Get the hell off,” Jake growled as he pried Austin’s hands away from my body. Austin stumbled down as Jake cradled me into his arms.

“Pathetic little whore!” He snarled looking at me with the hint of challenge and defiance in his eyes. “Fight me, wench. If you were really the Luna, you’d fight your own battles. You won’t let a damn Beta do it for you! You are a pathetic little coward!”

My eyes closed as his voice made its way into my mind. ‘You’re pathetic like the other whores here! You’re a coward just like that damn mother of yours!’

I knew that I had to stop being weak. I had to stop letting people order me around, because that won’t get me anywhere. I needed to take charge and stand up for myself just this once.

 “Let me be, Jake,” my voice rose as I felt all of the hurt and pain turn into anger. I stood up and dusted myself. “You want a fight? You’ll get a fight.”

Austin let out a menacing chuckle as he circled around me. “Don’t do it, Bells. Let me,” Jake offered, looking at me pleadingly.

“He’s right. I have to fight my battles now. A fight to the death,” I felt an overwhelming strength and power enter my body as my lips curled into a smile. “This won’t be much of a fight.”

“Trust me sweetheart, it won’t,” Austin sneered as he swung his fist out. Using my reflexes, I dodged his attack and planted a blow to his abdomen. He fell on his knees and clutched his stomach. Spitting out blood, he looked over me with surprise. “You caught me by surprise there. Won’t happen again,” Within seconds, he caught me into a headlock and slammed my body into a nearby wall.

Jake growled as Nicolai held him back. “You must have faith in my skills,” I felt more power and energy surge through me as I escaped his death grip and flipped him over. My arms snaked their way around his neck and caught him in a very tight grip. “The tables have surely turned, Austin. Still want to go through this?”

He snarled, pushing me away and landing a blow to my right arm. His blow had no effect on me for the pain all turned into anger. It was as if the anger channeled itself through my body and gave me enough strength to actually stand a chance against Rylan’s third in command.

“Is that the best you can do?” I taunted, feeling his aura take a turn for the darker side. He was deliriously angry and that’s something I can take to my advantage. He’d be so blinded by his rage that he won’t stop and try to think about a strategy. I, on the other hand, channeled my anger and am using it the opposite way. I was going to use it to overpower him.

“I’m not even trying,” he hissed, throwing his fists my way. I easily evaded his attacks and threw some kicks his way. His heavy pants reached my ears as his attacks seemed to have visibly slowed down. Gripping his shoulders tightly, I pushed him back and made him fall on his face. Grabbing his wrists and setting myself onto his back, I let out a little laugh.

“Pinned ya,” I chuckled as he bucked and tried to escape my grip. “Pathetic excuse of an omega,” I laughed, causing him to growl fiercely. The shredding of clothes reached my ears as my hands were forcefully pried out of his hands or should I say paws.