Chapter ThirteenPointFive

Chapter 13.5

Rylan Sauron

Damn you,’ I screamed out as I tried to force myself into taking over my body.

You should be thankful. You’re good as dead if I didn’t step in and take actions,’ he snarled out.

But you didn’t need to rape her! You know how I feel about that!’ I pushed him out, gaining full control of my body once again.

Yeah, something about you being a product of some mate rape,’ he silently murmured, feeling my anger.

‘From now on, I’m the boss around here. Damn it! You’ve ruined my chances with Arabella,’ I pulled on my hair, feeling my anger and frustrations get the best of me.

Not wanting to ruin any furniture or hurt any of the pack members, I stepped out and ran into the forest. The fresh air and the sounds of nature were soothing but did nothing to calm my nerves.

“Why!” I screamed out, throwing my fists against a tree. “Why are the fates so against me! She will never love me… She will never…”

“I may say that I didn’t like what you’ve done… But I have no right to judge you at all,” my father appeared from behind me, placing his hands on my shoulders. “I’m so sorry about your wolf son. It’s just how the spirits have made the pureblood Alphas. They designed our wolves to mate as soon as we see our soul mates.”

“They make us look like some animals made for breeding,” I slumped down, letting the exhaustion take me.

“That is what we are my boy. We are animals- werewolves to be exact. And the Spirits wanted to secure our reign. We need to produce heirs to take over the throne,” he sat beside me, looking over my healing fists. “You sure do pack a few great punches,” he softly chuckled. “I remember those days…”

“Yes, when mother was still with us,” I lay down, looking at the sky. I clenched my fists tightly, willing myself not to break down. My mother has and will always be a touchy subject.

“I remember those days too. When we’d just lie on the ground and look at the sky. We’d point out clouds and talk about how each one of them resembled some animal or object,” he lay down beside me and looked at the sky. “Like how that looks a lot like a bird.”

“That’s no bird. It’s a star,” I rolled my eyes, feeling my lips twitch up in a small smile.

“I didn't notice that it's already nighttime. A star? Yes of course,” he let out a sigh as he made himself more comfortable on the ground.

“What are you doing here anyway? It’s nighttime,” I looked at the stars, smiling at the memory of my mother. She loved astronomy and would usually point out different stars and teach me about their names.

“The big dipper,” he sighed out, looking at it with sad eyes. “I miss her so much.”

“I do too,” I watched as a few tears escaped his eyes, which made them glisten under the moonlight. “I’m scared…”

“Hmm?” he wiped his tears away and looked at me questioningly.

“I’m scared about Arabella, father. I just don’t want to lose her… Just like…”

“How I lost your mother,” he sighed and fiddled with his fingers. “There’s never a day in which I wished I could take it all back. I wish I treated her better and I wish I didn’t force her… You and I are very different. Your wolf took over your body while mine… My lust took over me. I didn’t hear her pleas and cries because I was too caught up with my selfish needs. Even after you were born, I didn’t try to make amends with your mother. She has also shown me love, but I took advantage of it all. Never in my life did I tell her that I loved her or apologized for what I’ve done. I realized that I loved her after she left. Please don’t be like me, my son. Ask for her forgiveness and love her the way she should be loved. Do it before it’s too late,” he looked at the stars again. “The poor girl doesn’t deserve this one bit… She really doesn’t.”