009

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅ ──────┐
Chapter 9
There once was an idea. . .
└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅ ──────┘

TESSA SAT HOLDING AN ICE PACK TO THE SIDE OF HER THROBBING HEAD

Herself and Jungkook found themselves sat at the same conference table as the one when they were discussing Loki's plans. They were joined by Steve and Tony, all four sat around the table in a solemn silence. Thor and the Hulk were no longer on the ship for reasons they didn't know, they guessed they were sent overboard during the attack. Natasha was too busy attending to Clint, who has managed to break free from Loki's mind control.

They had thought they dealt with the attack fine and had been successful, when in fact, it was quite the opposite.

The heroes were scattered. Their base in the sky was barely still flying with only three out of the four engines working currently. They had lost many members of their team, including Phil Coulson— one of the more known and respected members. The mood was low.

Jungkook rubbed at his eyes. The arrow Clint had shot that temporarily blinded him, had irritated his irises and were still bothering him. He may be enhanced but he still had sensitive senses, especially his eyes.

"Don't rub it," Tessa reached over and pulled his arm away from his face to stop his attempts at rubbing away the irritation. "You'll only make it worse." She mumbled.

Fury finally walked into the room, grabbing everyone's attention.

"These were in Phil Coulson's jacket. I guess he never did get you to sign them," Fury said as he tossed the bloodstained Captain America trading cars on the table in front of everyone.

The four of them stared at the bloody cards and frowned

The four of them stared at the bloody cards and frowned. Steve was the only one to reach over and pick one of them up, fiddling around with it in his hand. Tessa swallowed the lump that had gotten stuck in her throat, playing with her shirts sleeves as she pulled it over her hands.