028

Chapter 28

RIP Jarvis

- - -

Park Jia was a simple soul

Park Jia was a simple soul. In life, she went through life like the ocean moves with the wind. She was a calm soul that didn't care for conflict all that much. She liked to spend her free time reading, painting or taking walks out in nature or through the town she grew up in. However, it had been a while since had done the last thing listed, much to her dismay. She was a wise girl who liked to brush up on her facts of the world and found serenity in all things nature. She was sweet, innocent and pure - an angel if you will.

It was a shame the same couldn't be said for her brother.

The door to the motel room they had booked for the night opened, tearing Jia's eyes away from the book she brought with her all the way from Sokovia, among other necessary things, and to her red-haired brother that walked into the room.

"And where have you been?" Jia asked, eyebrows raised in question.

Jimin sighed and tore his leather jacket off, throwing it onto the bed and running a hand through his hair, before he threw himself on one of the two beds. "Just thought I'd check out Stark's party," Jimin mumbled. "See what all the fuss was about."

"And?" Jia continued to read her book as their conversation continued. "Did it meet expectations?" she adds.

"Nah," Jimin shook his head, before a smirk graced his full lips. "A certain witch on the other hand..."

Sighing, Jia slammed her book shut. "Jimin, we talked about this!" she scolded, looking at her brother with stern, exasperated eyes. "It's Jungkook we're after, leave the poor girl alone."

Jimin rolled his eyes. "I know, but what's the harm in having a little fun in the meantime?"

Jia looked at him as if he were stupid and in her eyes, he was. "Uh, the Avengers?"

At her words, Jimin scoffed. "They don't scare me."

"We're free now Jimin, I'd like to keep it that way."

"Yeah, but at what cost?" Jimin said as he stared in to the eyes of his sister with an intensity so raging. "We can't go back to our old lives... not like this."

Jia sighes sadly, moving to sit beside her brother on his bed and holding her hand in his, knowing he seeked comfort in physical affection. Thankful, Jimin squeezed her hand. "I know," she agrees, rubbing his hands as an idea sprung to her mind. "But maybe there are people that can help us... people like us."

Jimin looked up from their hands and met his sisters eyes again. They narrowed in suspicion, quickly figuring out what his sister meant. "Are you sure that's a good idea?" he asked.

Jia shrugged, obviously she wasn't certain, but she was confident. "The Avengers are good people, despite what Wanda and Pietro believed, I've read a lot about them since we came to America."