014

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅ ──────┐
Chapter 14
Real life nightmare
└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅ ──────┘

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐Chapter 14Real life nightmare └────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

IF HE REALLY WAS BACK, TESSA HAD TO TELL SOMEONE.

And that's exactly what she was doing. Fury needed to know. SHIELD needed to know.

The girl strides down the street, regretting her choice of not driving to SHIELD's headquarters. She even turned down Jungkook's offer to drive her himself, claiming a stretch of the legs was 'good for her' and that 'she needed to speak to Fury alone'. Jungkook didn't push on the matter and left her to it, even if he didn't feel confident in letting her leave the apartment on her own.

Fury needed to be warned and Tessa was determined to tell him. If he was back, for whatever reason, it meant whoever he worked for or with, wouldn't be far. They were enemies of SHIELD and it would be wrong of her not to warn the director. Her boss.

A coffee was in her hands, picked up from her local bakery/cafe which she and Jungkook adored. Maureen's cafe. They went their every Sunday, if not working, to enjoy a hot drink and slice of whatever baked treat they fancied that day. It was the coziest place and the two friends felt like normal humans enjoying the simple things in life when they're there. It became something they looked forward to every week.

As she grew closer and closer to the compound, the brunette frowned when she heard police sirens wail in the far, but close enough to hear, distance.

Frowning, the hero in her wanted to investigate the scene in hopes of offering her services to help whoever is in need - and that's exactly what she did.

She had time to kill, and so her path changed as she steered right down the next street rather than remain heading straight on. This street was quieter, smaller, but that was a given, because it wasn't on a main road anymore. It was a side street. The sirens grew louder with every step, meaning the scene of action wasn't moving, it was stationery.

A feeling of unease began to sprout within her chest. In her mind. In her heart. It grew with every step. However, she couldn't find it in herself to stop and turn back - although she'll wish she did.

The coffee in her grasp, slipped from her hands. Its contents spilling all over the floor. Frozen, the world around Tessa came to an immediate stop, like herself, when yards in front of her stood him.

Civilians walked past him without even batting an eye, they just walked around him. It was as if the two of them were only visible to one another and invisible to the rest of the world.