023

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅ ──────┐
Chapter 23
Cut one off
two more will grow back
in its place.
└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅ ──────┘

Nick Fury stood in front of his own gravestone, wearing a maroon hoodie over his head underneath a leather jacket

Nick Fury stood in front of his own gravestone, wearing a maroon hoodie over his head underneath a leather jacket. Glasses shielded his eyes from view, instead of his usual eye patch.

Tessa was a little bummed the eye patch was gone - she thought it was cool.

Herself and Jungkook was standing with Steve and Sam at the graveyard, all dressed in casual clothing for a change.

"So, you've experienced this sort of things before?" Fury asked, looking at Steve who was believed to be dead by millions too, once upon a time.

"You get used to it." Steve smiled, reading Fury's gravestone.

'The path of a righteous man. Ezekiel 25:17.' It read.

"We've been data-mining HYDRA's files. Looks Like a lot of rats didn't go down with the ship," he sighed. "I'm heading to Europe tonight, wanted to ask if you'd come." he glanced at the four standing with him.

Jungkook and Tessa glanced at one another, having a silent conversation with their eyes. As much as they'd love to go and help Fury, they had bigger problems here to deal with - they were Avengers now.

Tessa clicked her tongue and shoved her hands in her pockets, "Sorry, Fury, but I think I need some time off for now." She said,
giving him an apologetic smile.

"You?" He looked to Jungkook.

The boy shook his head and wrapped an arm around Tessa's shoulder, other hand in his jeans pocket. "Sorry, Fury," he apologised. "You know we come as a package deal. Without one, there isn't another."

Tessa laughed and pointed at him. "Isn't it crazy, three years ago he wanted nothing to do with me. He'd just brood in a cave somewhere all on his own."

Jungkook rolled his eyes. "That was in the past."

"Good." Tessa smiled up at him.

Fury sighed, but nodded his head in understanding at the two, before his focus turned to Steve and Sam.

"There's something I gotta do first." Steve said, glancing at him. His mind seemed to be elsewhere.

Fury nodded at him, and turned to Sam. "How about you, Wilson? I could use a man with your abilities."

"I'm more of a soldier than a spy." Sam said, glancing between Steve and Fury.