029

Chapter 29

Mind games

- - -

Once the Avengers were all suited and booted, together they flew on a quinjet to the African coast

Once the Avengers were all suited and booted, together they flew on a quinjet to the African coast. When they reached their acquired destination, which just so happened to be a cargo ships graveyard, given the excessive of large ships that were beached.

Tony landed the jet not far from the ships, on the outline of a forested terrain. The team were then given a debrief by Steve before they were given the go-ahead. Bruce would hang back in the jet, considering the Hulk may not be too keen on the idea of a civil conversation, which was what the Avengers were going for, first and foremost.

Violence wasn't always the answer.

Steve, Tony and Thor wouid confront Ultron. The rest of the team split up, remaining quiet and stealthy, so not to give themselves away. They lurked in the shadows, waiting for the right moment to come out and unveil themselves to the light, ready to wreak havoc on Ultron.

"Don't compare me with Stark! It's a thing with me. Stark is, he's a sickness!" Ultron could be heard shouting, his robotic voice echoing off the ships metal walls.

"Ah, junior," Tony said as he flew down in his Iron Man suit, joining Thor and Steve beside him, suited up and ready to fight. "You're gonna break your old man's heart."

"If I have to." Ultron said.

The twins beside him stood on edge, as if they were ready for a fight, always. The Avengers knew what Wanda and Pietro Maximoff were capable of, even though they were young, they weren't to be underestimated. The other set of twins, however, weren't anywhere to be seen.

"We don't have to break anything." Thor reasoned.

"Clearly, you've never made an omelet." Ultron remarked - you could tell he was of Tony's creation, the sass alone was a dead giveaway.

"He beat me by one second," Tony grumbled, turning to Steve.

"Ah, this is funny, Mr. Stark. It's what, comfortable? Like old times?" Pietro said, stepping forward. His blue eyes looked to the weapons on the level below them that had STARK painted on them.

Tony sighed, "This was never my life."

"You two can still walk away from this," Steve stepped forward, looking at the Maximoff twins.

"Oh, we will." Wanda said, smiling at him.

Steve wasn't planning on giving up so easily, "I know you've suffered-"

"Ugh! Captain America. God's righteous man, pretending you could live without a war. I can't physically throw up in my mouth, but..." Ultron groaned, insulting Steve.