010

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅ ──────┐
Chapter 10
Battle of New York
└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅ ──────┘

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐Chapter 10Battle of New York └────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

"SHUT IT DOWN, DR SELVIG."

Tony, in his Iron man suit, finally arrives at the top of his Stark Tower where a brainwashed Erik Selvig stands beside the CMS device. The device Loki had his minions create was harnessing the energy from the Tesseract and holding the glowing cube in its grasp.

The device was going to allow the Tesseract to open a portal to god knows where and Tony needed to shut it down before it could do what it was built for— destruction.

"It's too late! It can't stop now." Erik shouts up at Tony, his voice barely audible over the high altitude winds. He wore a creepy smile on his wrinkled face. "He wants to show us something! A new universe."

Tony rolled his where. He didn't have time to deal with a science geek. "Okay," he tilted his head before charging up his repulsers in his suits hand. Tony fired at the machine. However, the energy of the Tesseract created a forcefield around itself that wasn't penetrable. The blast only ricocheted and sent Selvig flying backwards, knocking him out. Even Tony was sent back through the air but he managed to steady himself before he fell far to the ground.

The device was unharmed. . .

"The barrier is pure energy. It's unbreachable." JARVIS, Tony's AI, informs him.

Hearing this, Tony looks down and sees Loki himself, sceptre in hand, stood on the terrace of his very own building. The God looked up at him with a curious, yet mischievous expression. Tony immediately knew what he would have to do instead.

"Plan B," Tony said to himself and JARVIS.

"The Mark 7 is not ready for deployment." JARVIS alerts.

"Well skip the spinning rims. We're on the clock." He tells his AI as he lands his suit. With the advanced technology he had invented himself, Tony walks through the metal sphere, which moves with him as he walks and removes his metal suit from his body. Loki continues to watch him with a smile. They both proceed to walk into the penthouse from opposite sides.

 They both proceed to walk into the penthouse from opposite sides