031

Chapter 31

Surprise Mother fucker

- - -

A new day had dawned on the heroes and as usual, the day began early on, with Jungkook, Steve and Tony wanting to show their gratitude to Clint and his family for letting them stay in their home, by cutting up fire wood for them, considering Winte...

A new day had dawned on the heroes and as usual, the day began early on, with Jungkook, Steve and Tony wanting to show their gratitude to Clint and his family for letting them stay in their home, by cutting up fire wood for them, considering Winter wasn't far off now.

"Damn, boys, you've cut enough wood to last three winters, let alone one," Tessa bounces down the stairs of the house, dressed in workout clothes and a mug of coffee in her hands. She perched herself on a patch of grass near the boys, interested in what they were doing.

"Good morning to you too, ghostie," Tony replied and Tessa threw him the middle finger. He then sighed and turned to face Steve. "Thor didn't say where he was going for answers?" he asked.

"Sometimes my teammates don't tell me things," Steve sighed as he grabbed another log from the pile to cut. "I was kinda hoping Thor would be the exception."

"Yeah, give him time. We don't know what the Maximoff kid showed him." Tony said.

"She can make you see some disturbing things," Jungkook grumbled as he tore through another log with his axe; taking out his frustrations in doing so.

"Earths mightiest heroes," Steve shook his head. "Pulled us apart like cotton candy."

"Seems like you walked away alright," Tony accused.

Steve turned to face Tony, "Is that a problem?"

"I don't trust a guy without a dark side," Tony shrugged before cutting open another log of wood with his axe. "Call me old fashioned."

"Well, let's just say you haven't seen it yet," said Steve.

"You know Ultron is trying to tear us apart, right?" Tony said as he walked closer to Steve.

"Well, I guess you'd know," Steve scoffed. "Wether you tell us is a bit of a question." He raised his axe over his head and swung it down, splitting the log clean in half.

"Banner and I were doing research," Tony reasoned.

"That would affect the team," Steve bit back.

"That would end the team," Tony replied. "Isn't that the mission? Isn't that the 'why' we fight, so we can end the fight, so we get to go home?"

Angry, Steve tore a log apart with only his bare hands. "Every time someone tries to win a war before it starts, innocent people die. Every time."