018

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅ ──────┐
Chapter 18
The Falcon
└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅ ──────┘

After the four enhanced had escaped from the former training ground Steve was stationed at, Steve had led Natasha, Tessa and Jungkook to an unfamiliar neighborhood and to the front of a strange-looking house

When Steve said he knew a place they could lay low, the three of them certainly weren't expecting this.

Steve knocked politely on the door, telling them that this place probably didn't belong to him, but someone else. Who, though? That was the question - they didn't think Steve had any friends outside of work.

The door slid open, revealing a bald, middle-aged black man. A man who looked equally confused as Steve's companions.

"Hey, man." He greets Steve, before his eyes trailed over Natasha, who was being held up by the super soldier, and Jungkook and Tessa stood right behind the two of them.

"I'm sorry about this, but we need a place to lay low." Steve explains to him, a tired and apologetic expression on his face.

"Everyone we know is trying to kill us," Natasha adds.

"Literally," Tessa laughed, although she wasn't amused - far from it, actually.

The man's eyes flicker between the three of them again, before they meet with Steve's once more and said, "Not everyone."

"That's a relief," Tessa blew out air from her mouth.

The man threw the girl an odd lock and Jungkook noticed this. He waved his hand, telling him to just let it go - he'd get used to hersoon enough. 

Stepping to the side, the man let the four enhanced enter his home. Natasha was the first person to enter the house, then Tessa, Jungkook, then Steve.

Steve and Natasha made their way over towards the bedroom to get cleaned up, while Jungkook and Tessa kept themselves close to the man, who was in his kitchen, by staying in the living room. It was an open floor plan, opening up everything to them par the bedrooms and bathrooms. It's not that they didn't trust the man, it's just they didn't want to let their guard down in an unfamiliar place with unfamiliar company.

Jungkook dropped himself down on the couch and outstretched his arms to let them rest on the back of it; crossing his legs. His doe eyes scanned the entire room, before they locked on the windows.

Sensing his unease, Tessa closed the blinds and curtains in the living room, stopping them from looking out. . . and anyone from looking in.

The man looked over at them from the kitchen. He was cooking up something for breakfast when he noticed the two young guns fidgeting around his living room.