CHAPTER FOUR

Ameena unlike Taphen was not the only girl in her family. She was the eldest daughter and had two other siblings. The two older sisters were always in constant arguments about chores. The youngest of all, Shelly usually did the chores willingly and without much arguing. She only argued when need be . She would volunteer to do all the chores while her elder sisters argued.
''What is for lunch this afternoon?'' Regina asked as she sat down on a four-legged plastic chair. Ameena put a finger in a novel she was reading and closed the cover. ''what do you feel like fixing?'' she asked. ''It is not my turn to cook,'' responded Regina taking a close look at her sister.'' ''yes, it is. It is Friday." Ameena argued pointing to the calendar hanging on the wall. ''Seriously!'' Regina rolled her eyes. ''we have been together for so many years and you always cook on Fridays.''
''Sisters and chores,'' interrupted Taphen as she entered Ameena's compound. ''Look Taphen, Regina always starts these arguments,'' ''I know,'' Taphen concurred blinking her left eye as a sign to show she wasn't agreeing with Ameena just to avoid further arguments.
''Taphen how are you?'' greeted Ameena's mother.
''Am alright mother, how are you?''
''Am well my daughter. How is your mother back home?''
''My mother is fine. She sent her greetings.''
''And you three, come and sit down here.'' Taphen, please sit down beside me. Today I will divide the chores amongst you. You make too much noise. Starting from tomorrow, this is what you will do. If one of you is cooking, then you will be exempted from the rest of the chores and you will be required to prepare all the meals of the day. The other two will be handling the other chores. This will be done interchangeably. So, I will write everything down and stick on the wall in the kitchen,'' Prisca, Ameena's mother explained.
''I could not say it in front of your mother, '' Taphen pointed out when she and Ameena left the house.
''Yes, what is it?''
''On my way to your house, I met Geoffrey.''
''What about him?''
''That sounds rude.''
''Sorry Taphen, I did not mean to.''
''Alright, he told me he wants to meet you at perfect greens.''
''Oh yes, he told me that the other day.''
''Exactly, he told me to remind you because you are fond of forgetting things.''
''Well not when it comes to him.''
''I know right?'' Conceded Taphen.
The two friends walked away majestically till they came to perfect greens. ''There is Geoffrey. Remember what you did last time. So, I will leave the both of you.'' ''Are you trying to get some sort of revenge?'' ''Well, you can call it what you like,'' deflected Taphen as she turned sharply.
''Geoffrey,'' called out Ameena.
''Ameena, you are here.''
''Of course, did you not hear me talking to someone?''
''No, I did not. I guess I was just lost in thoughts.''
''What thoughts?''
''What else apart from thinking about you my lady.''
''Come on, stop it.'' Ameena said avoiding eye contact.
''I missed you a lot.''
''You missed me. Meaning you are not missing me now.''
''That is because you are here with me now.''
''Oh, okay then.''
''Won't you give me a kiss?''
''Since you have asked, I will say No.''
''Well then, let me see how you stop me,'' urged Geoffrey as he pulled Ameena towards himself and already kissing her deep. Ameena did not resist, after all she liked it the most. Geoffrey was indeed a romantic person though he was shy but conscious enough not to show it. He was handsome and good looking, not good at talking.
''Geoffrey, I need to get going. We have been here for two hours now and it is getting late,'' announced Ameena. ''Alright darling. You probably should go.'' ''sure.''
''So when will I see you again?'' ''When I miss you?'' ''And suppose you do not?'' ''That is impossible, I miss you every day.'' ''That means even tomorrow I can see you right?''
''Right.''