CHAPTER SEVEN

Taphen was on the mirror busy combing her hair when Ameena abruptly entered her room.
Ameena threw herself on Taphen's bed face down. Clearly, all was not well. Taphen noticed Ameena wore a long face when she came in.
''Ameena, what is wrong?'' She asked taking a seat beside her friend. Ameena gave no answer. ''Ameena come on please tell me. What happened?'' Ameena begun sobbing loudly and still silent. ''Ami,'' Taphen addressed her by a name she was fond of.She always called her by this name when she was tense and upon hearing it, Ameena would always smile. But this time, it failed, Ameena just sat and lay her head on Taphen's laps.
''Ameena, am your friend. You can tell me anything.'' Taphen consoled rubbing her gently on the back.
''Taphen, what did I do to him to deserve this?''
''Who? Wait....is it about Geoffrey?''
''Who else?''
''What on earth did Geoffrey do that made you feel this way. I mean you always smile when you see him, so what's with the sad face?'' Ameena only managed to cry. ''I do not know.'' She managed to say between sobs. Taphen realized she had to be more tactic to get to the root of the matter. ''Cry it all you want lovie, then you can tell me all that happened.'' Taphen had never seen Ameena in the state that she was in. Tears begun running down her face but she was sure not to let Ameena notice that.
''Taphen, Geoffrey broke up with me,'' she said at last standing up. Taphen stood up and hugged her friend.
''What made him do that? What are his reasons for breaking up with you?''
''He didn't give me any reasons lovie.''
''How is that even possible?''
''Even I do not know. He ended our relationship in a blink of an eye. Just like that Taphen.''
''That was not fair. There is surely more to his actions. He can't just wake up and say he no longer wants to be in a relationship with you.''
''Taphen, I love Geoffrey. He has always been the only one for me. Now look, I have lost him. What am I going to be telling people when they ask about Geoffrey and I?''
''Was he really serious about it?''
''I know Geoffrey all too well. I can tell when he is joking and when he is serious and this time, he was really serious. If only he gave reasons for his actions. I have never been this hurt before Taphen.''
''Shush girlfriend. Do not cry, he does not deserve you. Believe me, he will come running begging you to forgive him. I am your friend and I will always be there for you, so don't feel alone. All will be well. Together we will surely get through this.''
''It is already 6pm. Ameena is not back home yet. Does anyone know where she must have gone to?'' Prisca, Ameena's mother asked.
''She said she was going to see Taphen,'' Regina lied quickly. ''She told me she would be a bit late,'' she added. Even though Ameena and Regina argued on several occasions, they loved each other very much. Regina was quite sure something must have happened at Geoffrey's house. After all, she had warned Ameena earlier. Alone outside, Regina sat anxiously waiting for her sister to return.
''There she is, Shelly shouted as she ran to give Ameena a hug. Taphen had told Ameena not to make faces once she got home. ''Regina and Shelly, I will not be here for long. I have to go home, it is late.'' As Taphen turned to go, Prisca called her back. ''Taphen, won't you have dinner with us?'' she asked. ''I would love to mother. Probably next time. You know how it is, I have to go and cook for everyone else at home.'' ''It is well my daughter.'' ''Ameena, take care, I will see you tomorrow,'' Taphen said and left. Regina noticed that all was not well with Ameena but she decided to wait until bedtime.