CHAPTER SIX

Geoffrey was different from the other young men of his age for the fact that he barely had any friends. He usually spent time at home, if he had to go out, then it was for Ameena. Ameena was the only person he considered his friend, girlfriend, and lover. As for Derrick and Stephen, those were just his hello friends. He however had a secret liking for Stephen. When asked why he never wanted to be friends with anyone, he said Ameena was enough for him. He was not filled with pride but he just like that and the others came to understand him that way.
''Brother'' called Geoffrey's sister, Mercy.
''yes, sis,'' he answered.  ''What is wrong with you today?"
''Nothing, why do you ask?''
''you seem like something is bothering you. You are thinking about something really serious.''
''It is nothing serious.''
''I know what to do.''
''What?''
''Here is the phone. Call Ameena and ask her if you can see her this afternoon.''
''Yes, you are right.''
''I guess she will lighten up your face.''
''Perhaps.''
At this moment, Mercy kept quiet. She noticed her brother was in very bad mood and if she kept on talking, he would get furious. She never wanted this and so she avoided ever doing anything to get him furious. She left his presence and decided she would ask him about everything at a later time.
''Ameena, there is a text message for you,'' said Regina giving the phone to Ameena.'' ''Just read it, what is it saying?'' ''No, read it yourself. What if it is something confidential?'' ''You will not read it, will you?'' Give me the phone.'' Regina handed over the phone to Ameena. ''Oh my....it is Geoffrey. He wants me to go and meet him at his house,'' said Ameena jumping up and down in excitement. ''But why at his house today?'' I mean, you always meet at perfect greens.'' ''That matters not.'' ''But what about his parents?'' ''You have a point. But I think he wouldn't invite me over to his house when his parents are there.'' ''Do not be so sure but I am not okay with this, it seems risky.'' ''Think what you want. I trust him and I love him. As a matter of fact, you do not have to be okay, I have to.'' With that Ameena left for Geoffrey's house as she was already dressed up.
''Ameena, you are here sooner than I expected, welcome,'' Geoffrey said standing up from his favorite four-legged chair. ''Thank you, I missed you a lot.''
''Please come in.''
''After you.''
Mercy who was peeping out of the window was surprised to see Geoffrey's sudden change in mood. He looked very happy. ''Ameena has absolute power over my brother,'' she mumbled.
''Come my love, have a sit. This is my bedroom. Feel free. By the way you look beautiful.
''All for you.''
The two went on chatting for about half an hour. They had a good time together and for Ameena, that was the most memorable moment ever.
''But I was wondering......''
''Shush,'' interrupted Geoffrey placing his finger across Ameena's lips.
''I know what you want to say. I called you here specifically for something important,'' Geoffrey said.
''Yes, go on. I am listening.''
''Well, you see Ameena, well....''
''Why don't you say it already. You are making me anxious.''
''Okay the thing is, our relationship can't work out. It just can't.''
''Wait, what!''
''Yes, you heard me. I can't go on with this.''
''All this long Geoffrey, I mean what took you so long to realize that? Have I done something wrong?''
"No Ameena, you have not done me any wrong, am sorry.''
''It is better said than done. You are sorry, really? You know what? I never expected this from you,'' mouthed Ameena as tears dropped down her face and shutting the door behind her.
''Ameena. Ameena wait.'' Ameena however, had already disappeared. ''There is no point of going after her,'' Geoffrey mumbled.
''Brother, what have you done? Why did Ameena leave like that? What did you say to her that made her cry?  Why don't you say anything, tell me?'' Asked Mercy.
''If you keep on talking, how will I tell you. I told her our relationship can't work out.''
Without a word, Mercy went to her room.